Anyone Famous Come from Your Hometown?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun idea for a thread, and I was inspired by the episode of M*A*S*H, where Radar is in awe at the fact that one of the 4077th's latest casualties was a football hero from his hometown, Ottumwa, Iowa.

So, does anyone obscure, or relatively famous come from your hometown?

Off the top of my head, I was psyched to learn that Darby Conley, creator of Get Fuzzy, my favorite comic strip, hails from Knoxville, Tennessee as well!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oddly enough, Shawn Colvin (sang "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" with Ernie in Elmopalooza) actually went to my high school. :eek: I didn't find this out until last week interestingly enough. I thought it was pretty cool. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oddly enough, Shawn Colvin (sang "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" with Ernie in Elmopalooza) actually went to my high school. :eek: I didn't find this out until last week interestingly enough. I thought it was pretty cool. :big_grin:
Ooh, Shawn Colvin! I LOVE "Hold On to the Good Things" from Stuart Little 2!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Pete Seger performed a concert in a park in my town about a month ago.

Also, they filmed some parts of the NBC show, Ed, in my town. When they came, they kept the trailers in the school parking lot, ruining our recess. My Boy Scout troop even got to visit Stuckyville Bowling!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Rob Paulson went to my high school. But it's not mentioned anywhere that profiles him for some reason. Maybe he's ashamed and doesn't want it known? XD At the time of my graduation we had a whole section of the wall in the school entrance dedicated to well known people who came from there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was Rob Paulsen born in your town, or did he grow up there?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I don't know, actually :/ I just know there was a framed picture of him on the wall that claimed he went to school there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see.

Lol, I meant if you guys know any celebrities who come from your hometown as in were they either born their and/or did they grow up there? I know Darby Conley grew up in Knoxville, and I think he mentioned being born here too, so that's pretty cool.

Oh, and I think they guy who played Boone in Frank Oz's movie version of The Indian and The Cupboard was born in Knoxville too.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I did another Google check, and it looks like he was born in Detroit, and according to Wikipedia, he grew up in my hometown. I didn't know this before, so it's pretty cool.

Anyway, I'm sorry I misunderstood ^^;