Anyone Famous Come from Your Hometown?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I don't think any of these people were BORN in my hometown, but I do know they at least lived a major portion of their lives here:

Charles Schulz

Joe Montana (of the 49ers)

Deep Throat (I don't remember his real name) (Watergate Scandal)

ummm..... I know there are others I just can't remember them.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Quentin Tarantino, Nikki Giovanni, James Agee, and Jack Hanna are also all from Knoxville

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ooh, love Nikki Giovanni's poetry!

And wow, Quentin Tarantino from Knoxville? He must have secretly been calling the shots for everyone at my middle school, lol.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Do any of you know who Pat Proft is? He's the guy who did the parody movies like Airplane and Wrongfully Accused. Well, he went to my high school. In fact, he has used teachers names in several of the movies and if you've ever seen Wrongfully Accused where they talk about the Columbia Heights Jamboree, that's really our town's festival.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
There are actually quite a few; cool ones, too, but I'm not going to say!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
While they weren't nessecarily born in my hometown, I know for a fact that the Pixar crew stopped at my hometown of Elk City, Oklahoma (home of the National Route 66 Museum), when working on the movie "Cars". Sad part is, I moved to Texas back in 2002...

Kiki

Reaction score
I know a few! I was originally born in Melbourne, and... there's: Eric Bana, Holly Valance, Germaine Greer (...yay), Kylie and Danni Minogue, Jason Donovan, Rachel Griffiths, Rupert Murdoch, and various 'Neighbours' people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This doesn't quite count since this isn't Knoxville related, but it's still worth sharing...

I do believe Rickey Boyd is from Tennessee... as a matter of fact, according to IMDb, he, and another puppeteer who used to perform for ETPtv in the 80s and early 90s did a TV show together.