Anyone goings to see Spinney and Oscar in SF next Friday?

beaker

Reaction score
So here I am, in the middle of this deep depression...and yesterday I am hit with pretty much two neutron bombs.
1) The astonishing buyback news...and 2)
Carol Spinney is coming to the Northern California bay area with OScar, not once, but twice next Friday.

Just curious who all on here will be at the San Francisco or Berkeley Carol Spinny book stops? I heard from Dr. Tooth who got to go to the Boston one, and was so thrilled to hear Oscar the Grouch himself is also on the book tour with him. As there is nothing more warm and exhilarating than getting to meet a
an actual Muppeteer and Muppet in person.

Okies, here is the info for next Friday:

May 16, 2003 @ 12:30 PM: San Francisco
Stacey's, 581 Market St.

May 16, 2003 @ 7PM: San Francisco (Berkeley)
Cody's Books, 1730 Fourth St.

I'm guessing Jamie and KPrellwill be at these, heh...though I dont know of anyone else in the bay area on here.
Anyways, look forward to meeting some of you folks! My mom(whose a HUGE Muppet fan) is so excited to go, so it should be a really cool time. I think I am even gonna take in The Matrix Reloaded at Metreon...so Muppets and Matrix, ya can't go wrong! ^_^;;

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got my picture taken with the performer... I stupidly didn't ask to have mine taken with Oscar (Thog did, however... should have stayed longer... stupid me!)

I got to say... GO!! You must absolutely go! Dorp everything as this is a once in a lifew time event. Think a one man Muppet Fest with more attention to the individual members of the Audience. I asked the first question!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I got my picture taken with the performer... I stupidly didn't ask to have mine taken with Oscar (Thog did, however... should have stayed longer... stupid me!)

I got to say... GO!! You must absolutely go! Dorp everything as this is a once in a lifew time event. Think a one man Muppet Fest with more attention to the individual members of the Audience. I asked the first question!
Oh I all it all to you James! That email about where the tour schedule, and your story clinched it for me, heh.
Im hoping a few people show up from here, though Im not sure if I will be able to make both stops. But yes, very excited!
A one man Muppetfest sounds very cool^_^;;

Heck, Oscar is on the front page of the NY Daily newspaper today, so he's definately as big as ever.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
coolness! I'll look for ya there! (I might only be at the Berkeley one myself) Here is an older pic of me, but ya get the idea:wink:
me!(with sweetums)
I can't load it. There's a popup that says the server can't be found. :confused: Is it found in the MC MuppetFest photos section?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
I can't load it. There's a popup that says the server can't be found. :confused: Is it found in the MC MuppetFest photos section?
Heh, yeah I'm in there a few times(cory) My mom went with me to Muppetfest(she even got in for free which rocked), and is very excited to go with me to the Spinney thing in Berkeley...so yes, very exciting times!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Um, will someone fly me out to Berkeley?

Caroll Spinney didn't come anywhere near here. The closest place would have ben 8-9 hours away (that's including traffic).

I should have had Zack pick me up and we could have driven to New York City together. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Um, will someone fly me out to Berkeley?

Caroll Spinney didn't come anywhere near here. The closest place would have ben 8-9 hours away (that's including traffic).

I should have had Zack pick me up and we could have driven to New York City together. :smile:
Your handle says NY, he was appearing far away from you tho?
A friend had sent me the URL to where all the dates were listed. It was mostly big cities I guess.

Though, I have a feeling Muppetfest will be in your neck of the woods if it happens again...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It says New York. Not New York CITY. There's a whole great big state the size of England attached to the city.

Trust me, if I lived in New York City, I would have been there. If I lived even 4 hours from there, I would have been there. It takes us 6 hours to get out there. Plus, you'd have alot of traffic time going through Broadway, etc. Long time.

I tried convincing my Mother to take a trip to see her parents in New York for this, but, it didn't work out. I think my grandparents are still in Florida anyway.

:sympathy: