1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone have a theory?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by CherryPizza, May 4, 2012.

1. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

My Schleich-gathering mission continues to thrive.

A new bulk lot of items arrived in the mail today, and this one has me scratching my head:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

One look at that red collar and you, like me, would probably conclude that it must be a bootleg.

Alas, look at the bottom of the figure, and there in all its glory is:

[​IMG]

The very copyright details and Schleich imprint that is present on all of the regular Kermits.

I am at a complete loss to explain this. Would any of you good folk have a theory, a hypothesis, a hunch or an inkling as to how this combination of odd colour scheme/standard copyright details would have occurred?
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I would say that someone has just painted it themselves after buying it.
  3. CherryPizza

Not sure about that. The painting isn't flawless, but it is a factory-quality paint job.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I have a lot of theories, actually. One is about a big bang and then-

Oh, wait, I guess I should actually read the thread...

Well, there's multiple things that probably could have happened. The collar could have been painted. It could be bootlegged, but the person used the Schleich copyright imprint to make it look authentic. Also, it is a possibility the collar was made red. Could it have been something for Christmas (red and green)? Even the possibility that in the making of some, they got painted red instead of green.

Possibly you could get in contact with whoever/wherever you got him at. They might know something.
  5. CherryPizza

So, let me get this straight:

The whole universe was in a hot dense state...?
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't believe that theory. Sometimes I fib a bit to make jokes (if you want to call them that) better.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's just weird looking apparently even Kermit needs a change of color sometimes. :p But seriously I think it's more then likely someone painted it. For what reason though I have no clue.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump. I saw this today. Strange! They say it's Fozzie. :smirk: [​IMG]
  9. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

It's Fozzie all right, but the painting doesn't seem very high quality.
  10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

You have posted this in the wrong spot, as it is about Schleich PVCs, but to comment,this looks like someone has made this by casting from a Sigma Fozzie mug.They have lost the fur texture and gone wrong with the color scheme.
  11. Walter

Walter Active Member

hmm..The more I look at that picture, the more i notice the dark edge on the collar.. could that be green paint underneath the red collar???
  12. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I didn't know where else to post it, and I figured I would put it here (considering the fact that they are both discolored products.) I didn't want to make a whole thread for this. Sorry!
  13. CherryPizza

Makes perfect sense to me