1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Anyone having trouble with Palisades site?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by bats1990, Oct 12, 2004.

1. bats1990

bats1990 New Member

Anyone having trouble accessing Palisades web site?

When I try to open the page it tells me it sin't there.
  2. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

When I went to the forum, it said the page couldn't be displayed.
  3. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

That is because the server is currently down.
  4. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

I'm getting scared...
  5. Shooter Johnson

Shooter Johnson New Member

Yeah - it's not working. I wonder when they'll get Palisades Toys back online ...
  6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

It's back online and you can all go back there. Go away.
  7. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

Yay! It's back up!
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

When is Ken gonna let you back in? Your sarcasm is missed over there...

:sleep: :boo:
  9. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Actually I chose not to go back. Ken basically asked me what he could do to make it work and I said I don't want to go back. My IP has changed (or been unabnned) and I could in theory rejoin but chose not to. Too much trouble and the mods have this thing where they think they are better than regular members. It's too bad Ken protects them at al costs as well. They can do no wrong.
  11. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

It's too bad. I liked having you around! I guess it was that "Forabetterlife.org" thread that did it, eh? But oh well, you should come back!
  12. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

What are you talking about? I don't even know what that site is. It was because I didn;t like the mod system, talked about it, and Ken decided to treat the mods as if they were above the regular members. He didn't even bother to hear me out and told me the mods must be respected (as if they are actual authority figures).
  13. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

I'm not starting an arguement here, but...I was talking about the thread about that poster of kermit...I think Ken told you all that stuff in that very thread...
  14. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Who's starting an argument?

Oh, that site. I didn't even remember the site. It wasn't about what was in the thread but it was that Dust decided it should be closed just because he didn't like it and for no other reason. At those are the mods you are stuck with over there.
  15. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

Then add him to your ignore list...that's the beauty of VBulliten!
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

What are you talking about? That doesn't help at all.

1. I'm banned
    2. He's still a mod who wants stuff deleted just becauuse he does not like it, having nothing to do with the rules.

Don't you see a flaw in your plan?
  17. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

A little one...
  18. bats1990

bats1990 New Member

I have been having a lot of problems getting to various sites. A message came up on the computer about a week ago asking something about deleting various items. My wife got it and clicked OK without really reading or understanding what it said so I really don't know either but ever since then I have been having to check my settings and re-add sites to our favorites list. So I just wanted to see if I alone was having trouble or if more were.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think there are way too many mods there - it makes it unmanageable, and most of the mods have taken mod out of their title or made a joke out of it so new members don't really know. It's difficult for us to know who is really in charge of each section because one sections mods start interfering vocally in another section, but when something bad really happens the mods from other sections are powerless to act because they don't have the controls. It's kinda stupid - they should either stick to their own sections completely and just be seen as regular members in others or just have 2 or 3 mods in charge of the whole thing (as well as the 2 or 3 staff ones). The forum isn't much bigger than MC and we do fine with 4 here. I don't really wanna comment on the mods actions individually, but from what i've seen there are some who really know how to mod and do a great job and there are others who are trying to do the job in good faith but don't have much experience and bring some personal baggage into it or just don't stick to Palisades rules. At least the Muppet section mods are among the best and i think Ken would be prepared to act and steer the mods a bit when he felt it was needed but obviously he wouldn't do it out in the open.
  20. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I'm glad someone agrees with me and I'm not just being petty.