...Anyone here ever been made fun of?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
this thread is for the high schoolers here.
(P.O.D's "Youth Of The Nation" starts playing)

anyone here ever been made fun of for liking Sesame Street? Anyone here ever had someone say "Sesame Street? That's pretty sad!" or "My sister loves Sesame Street. AND SHE'S TWO YEARS OLD!" or "Sesame Street, that's a baby show you retard!"

well, i have.....

"We are we are, the puppeteers of the nation!
We are, we are, the puppeteers of the nation!"

well i dont care if they make fun of me

Natalie

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure I have, but who cares! Actually, nobody has the nerve to make fun of me. They'll just be like "oh, you're into the muppets (or SS or whatever" and I'll just say yeah, and that's it. Usually people don't give me a hard time about it. Apparently some people bug my sis about it though. They think they know more about muppets than she does...yeah, right. Oh, well

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Natalie's sis

That's right, I just read the other day that you have a sister. That's funny, so far, you and I are the only 2 members I know of whose siblings have also come here.

*goes into sitcom mode*

Ya know, in season 1 of FOL, Natalie had a sister, too. :smile: But then she was never heard of again after bein' mentioned in 1 or 2 episodes (and even seen in 1, but without speakin').

Then it was revealed that Natalie was adopted at the end of the 3rd season, so it was "bye-bye" any original sister. lol

Here's hopin' the same doesn't happen to yours! LOL!

:stick_out_tongue:

Natalie

Reaction score
Yeah, well, she's on here off and on. Sometimes more than I think, which is weird since we live together. Apparently one of her best friends is on here too, but I haven't seen her on in a while.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
Apparently one of her best friends is on here too, but I haven't seen her on in a while.
Lol, before ya know, your whole town'll be loggin' on!

Natalie

Reaction score
I hope not, that would be pretty scary!

Natalie

Reaction score
oh, and sorry we've been taking up your thread Paul (<-- look!), people can get back to talking about what this was really supposed to be about.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh I to well know what its like to be horrendously teased and tormented all through my school years.

As for liking the Muppets, I suppose maybe its now a bit more 'hip' 'trendy' or 'alternative' to wear a Muppet shirt(ie: Hot Topic) but I still get jokes from my friends when I wear my Electric Mayhem or other Muppet shirts. Like "c'mon, youre 24 not 5?"
Apparently perceptions over the years has clouded people's thoughts.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Wow. You people live in some pretty harsh, intolerant places! I never had anyone say ANYTHING negative about my SS/Muppet devotion...and I wore Sesame Street and Muppet "Bow Biters" on my shoes for seven years!

Really, the only comments I ever got were people telling me their own nice memories and experiences with the Street and the Show. And that's how I met my wife! The End!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

fizzgig

Reaction score
Fact is, people will criticize just about anything.... but who cares? There are also people you will meet who will be into the same kind of cool things (eg Muppets). My husband and i first struck up a conversation in my college dorm cuz of the kermit doll on my bed. Besides, ppl like us who grew up with the muppets know how to deal with meanies, right :smile: