Anyone here seen "Howard The Duck"?

Johnboy

Reaction score
It's a George Lucas produced 1986 sci-fi comedy based on a Marvel Comic Book, it's about an alien duck from a world of ducks who gets sucked into a vortex and lands on earth in Cleveland. He befriends a beautiful rock singer and must find a way to get Howard home and must battle the evil dark overlords from taking over the world.

You may have heard it was a big box-office flop and considered a bad movie of the 80's but they we're wrong! It's a great, very entertaining and hilarious movie featuring a cool puppet duck, great special effects, Lea Thompson and Tim Robbins before he was Andy Dufrense including Jeffery Jones from " Beetlejuice" and "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" and the song at the end was very cool yet very Prince-like.

If anyone who loves cool flicks, fun movies, Marvel comic movies and sci-fi flicks i highly recommend this movie!

George Lucas is planning on making a special re-issue in theaters next september featuring a CGI Howard replacing the duck costume and duck puppet, a better voice such as either Robin Williams or Gilbert Godfried, enchaned special effects and never-before-seen scenes that never made in the original movie.

This movie is still one of my all time favorite movies since i was a kid!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Johnboy said:
George Lucas is planning on making a special re-issue in theaters next september featuring a CGI Howard replacing the duck costume and duck puppet, a better voice such as either Robin Williams or Gilbert Godfried, enchaned special effects and never-before-seen scenes that never made in the original movie.
Oh I hope not, that costume made the movie! Wow, I love that movie! That part at the end where the mad scientist spits on the floor and it sizzles like acid always scared me as a kid. As a comic book fan though, I was a little disapointed that there was no Silver Surfer tie in.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Howard the Duck.

Well,hmm,Howard the Duck.It's not my favorite,but it is watchable.I do like the cast,especially a young Tim Robbins(just watched him on video in The Player,Short Cuts & a small cameo in Austin Powers:The Spy.... as the President).It has that dark kind of comedy to me like My Science Project,Goonies,Explorers... Just wondering,of all the animals in the world,why did they choose a duck,that's been on my mind for awhile.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
George Lucas says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out and it was a huge success. Howard the Duck came out and it was a flop. "Guess I chose the wrond pond animal."

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
George Lucas says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out and it was a huge success. Howard the Duck came out and it was a flop. "Guess I chose the wrong pond animal."
I remember that too & it makes sense to me,lol.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
George Lucas says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out and it was a huge success. Howard the Duck came out and it was a flop. "Guess I chose the wrond pond animal."
That's funny.