Anyone interested in trading for Unpaved episodes?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Scooter said:
Is this an Unpaved epsiode? Synopsis? :concern:

I can't really recall off the top of my head what happens in this episode, except that it's from 1969, and I believe a very young Bob shows some kids how to make shapes.

That's the best to my knowledge.

Oh, and back in 1969, they had THREE letter sponsors and TWO number sponsors, so chances are there are some good number/letter segments.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, Gordon, Susan, Bob, and Mr. Hooper (the only adults at the time) were all sitting around a table, drinking coffee and talking about shapes. The main shape they focus on is the rectangle. Susan says that Kermit should explain it to the class, because he's an expert. Then, we see Kermit explaining all about the rectangle, and Cookie Monster (before he had a name) comes and destroys it one by one. He leaves Kermit totally disgusted, and Kermit explains that it used to be a rectangle. Then the monster comes and blurts out, "AND IT STILL IS! IT'S A WRECK, AND IT'S A TANGLE! (spanks Kermit) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The sponsors were the letters L, Q, Y, and the numbers 6 and 7. It features Lou Rawls singing the alphabet.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Well, Gordon, Susan, Bob, and Mr. Hooper (the only adults at the time) were all sitting around a table, drinking coffee and talking about shapes. The main shape they focus on is the rectangle. Susan says that Kermit should explain it to the class, because he's an expert. Then, we see Kermit explaining all about the rectangle, and Cookie Monster (before he had a name) comes and destroys it one by one. He leaves Kermit totally disgusted, and Kermit explains that it used to be a rectangle. Then the monster comes and blurts out, "AND IT STILL IS! IT'S A WRECK, AND IT'S A TANGLE! (spanks Kermit) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The sponsors were the letters L, Q, Y, and the numbers 6 and 7. It features Lou Rawls singing the alphabet.
I think that episode (#43) is more commonly referred to as "Loulou's Back In Town".

Splurge

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I think that episode (#43) is more commonly referred to as "Loulou's Back In Town".
It may not be an official title, but it's a title I refer to affectionately.

mikealan

Reaction score
YES!!! I am extremely interested about getting copies of them! It's because I only have #162 and #355 (Rainstorm). I'll give ya my copies of the Unpaveds I have and I would be happy to get copies of all of the Unpaveds you have!

mikealan

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
Does #796 have the pockets song (what do we do without pockets....pockets are perfectly fine)
No, I think it's only shown on the Season 6 premiere from 1974 (now #666) where the Count climbs up to the famous Sesame Street lamppost and counts all ten lights. There are alot of other classics in this 1974 premiere were:

Ernie & Bert At the Movies: Emotions
Prairie Dawn's Little Play: Bert Dresses Up as a Plant
Guy Smiley's Game Show: Dialing For A Movie
Animated segment-King Minus
Animated segment-The Fox & the Crow
Animated segment-Alphabet Animation (I like this animated sketch, because it used to have letters in different colors on different color backgrounds and plays drum-saxaphone-and-trumpet music off-screen, but I've never seen it in this episode, but in my youth.)
2 Noses-with Ernie pulling Bert's nose off so he can put it on Ernie's nose, actually from 1969
Musical Street Scene: What's the Name Of that Song, sung by all the human actors, plus Bert, Oscar, Count and Herry
Roosevelt Franklin talks about Africa
Rodeo Rosie meets the human actors and Big Bird at Hooper's Store
It's A Long, Hard Climb (sung by Joe Raposo, film segment where a little green tree frog struggles its way to the top of the naked tree branch, then winks its eye when it's on top of the branch as the song ends)
Animated segment-E Is For Enter, E Is For Exit
Animated segment-E-erase
Letters In Sand-E

I never watched "The Count Counts the Lights" episode, but I've seen the list of sketches/songs that were seen in this episode. I've mentioned them, do you think the ones I've mentioned were on this episode?

ssetta

Reaction score
All of the ones you mentioned were in this episode, and don't forget "Exit" by Chris and the Alphabeats!

The Pocket Song was not used in this show, but it was used in show #796, the Season 7 premiere episode.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I'll take #796 ssetta. What do you want to trade. Can you give all the lyrics to the pockets song if you can't trade #796 tape for something. I will trade just about anything.

mikealan

Reaction score
I'll never get to watch SSU, because it would no longer be on Noggin FOREVER. Now here is my own screenplay of me borrowing the copies of my tapes:

Me: I've got few of the old SS tapes here but I wanna trade with my ol' Herbert Birdsfoot and I haven't seen him for awhile. The only Unpaveds I have here were #162 and #355, and I have one full-length Season 25 show, two old episodes from 1992-93 season and four The Electric Companies. Now, I am getting mad that Sesame Street, The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact and Square One Television were NEVER be on Noggin anymore, so I'm going to send copies of my tapes, but I believe there are NO SS fans that wanted to give me copies! That's terrible! Now, I'm gonna have the WORST SS-and-Muppet life ever and watching few of the classic SS episodes at the Museum of Radio & Television stink! And I hate the Sesame Street Lyric Archive, because some of the transcripts and transcribed lyrics that the stupid Tiny Dancer and her friends transcribed were really stupid and annoying and I think they're taking over some of the skits I watched in my youth!!! I believe my tapes are gettin' ROTTEN! AMERICAN TELEVISION IS NOW SHOWING THE STUPID ELMO'S WORLD ON BOTH PBS AND NOGGIN FOREVER!!! I THINK ELMO TAKES OVER SESAME STREET FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!! FROM NOW ON AND FOREVER MORE, I WILL NEVER WATCH THE MUPPETS AND SESAME STREET EVER AGAIN!!!

(goes to knock. Herbert Birdsfoot, our favorite SS Muppet comes in.)

Herbert Birdsfoot: Hi, Ernie!

Me: OH, YEAH? I ONLY HAVE FEW OF THE ROTTEN SS TAPES AND I'M HAVING A ROTTEN MUPPET AND SESAME STREET LIFE, SO HERE!!! (Gives Herbert the copies and Herbert feels shocked about my behavior.)

Y'see, I've made the parody of the old SS sketch where Ernie borrows a vaccum cleaner from Herbert Birdsfoot. As I wrote Herbert saying, "Hi, Ernie!", I was pretending I was Ernie! Hee. Do you think my own script was super fan-fic and parody of the sketch where Ernie borrows a vaccum?