Anyone know where I can find the following???

christyb

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this site (If that isn't obvious). I am searching everywhere for a copy of the Muppets Take Manhattan and The Muppet Treasure Island to buy. I know they're avalible on the internet but that doesn't help when you don't have a credit card. Also does anyone know the effect what the recent selling of the Muppets has in store for them.

Thanks a bunch from me,
Christy B. :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Have you tried looking in used video/DVD stores?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Have you tried your local Wal-Mart or Target? (Or any other stores like that?) Round here they usually have a couple of Muppet videos. Don't know bout the ones you're lookin for, but I know they have some.

McFraggle

Reaction score
christyb said:
Hey I'm new to this site (If that isn't obvious). I am searching everywhere for a copy of the Muppets Take Manhattan and The Muppet Treasure Island to buy. I know they're avalible on the internet but that doesn't help when you don't have a credit card. Also does anyone know the effect what the recent selling of the Muppets has in store for them.

Thanks a bunch from me,
Christy B. :smile:
You could try your local Sam Goody or Media Play or a store like that. As far as how the sale will affect them, Disney has full ownership of "MTI," so it should be readily available for years to come. As far as "MTM" and "MFS" (which I know you didn't mention), they are partially owned by Disney but those distribution rights fall under Columbia / Tri-Star / Sony, so who knows how readily available those will be in the future. The best place would be probably be eBay (you could pay by money order and not have to worry about using a credit card) that is where I got my copies of both films. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
yeah I've looked at wal-mart and target, etc. I'll keep my eye out though. Thanks! :halo:

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
Suncoast is a gresat place to pick up hard to find movies.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
Suncoast is a gresat place to pick up hard to find movies.
Suncoast is my sanctuary (ok, not really). However, it is the coolest store in the world. The one by me has Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Movie and Muppet Christmas Carol in stock. As well as both Storyteller DVD's, The Dark Crystal DVD and a slew of memorabilia (Fraggle plushes, Muppet plushes and action figures, as well as miscellaneous knick-knacky stuff). Suncoast is awesome!!!!

I also find Muppet movies at places like Wal-Mart or even K-Mart. I've never seen Target carry them. Sam Goody is a good place to look, as well as FYE (where I got my Labyrinth DVD).

christyb

Reaction score
Suncoast. I've never heard of it. Do they have a website where I can locate the nearest store near me. (or within driving distance).???? :confused:

toughrabbit

Reaction score
christyb said:
Suncoast. I've never heard of it. Do they have a website where I can locate the nearest store near me. (or within driving distance).???? :confused:
Yes. www.suncoast.com. The site has a store locator. I'd like to add that even if they don't have the movies you want in stock, check to see if they can order them for you. Suncoast has done that for me in the past. They'll order it for you, and call you when it arrives so you can pick it up at the store. Also, stores like Sam Goody have also ordered things for me that they didn't currently have in stock. Keep that option in mind, though I'm sure larger stores like Wal Mart, etc. wouldn't do that. Is there a Best Buy store near you? They generally have a large DVD selection. It seems likely that they'd have the Muppet films.

Good luck with your search!