Anyone like Laurel & Hardy?

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I've enjoyed watching Laurel & Hardy films since I was a toddler.Anybody else like them and/or what films of theirs do you like?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I seen some of their stuff, but I'm not really familiar with to much of there work. But they are very funny and I and a fan from what I've seen, they are true comedic legend's.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
L&H to me where the best comedy team of all time.
They did such great classic work. I guess one of their most famous films is "The Music Box" where they have to pull a piano up a flight of stairs.

One of the things I love about L&H is that in real life they were best friends till the day Oliver Hardy died.
When Ollie died, Stan Laurel in honor of his late pal, retired and never worked in show biz again.

Everything that was ever written about these guys was what great people they were to know and work with. To me that makes watching their films even more enjoyable.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Also,until the time Stan Laurel died... Dick Van Dyke was a big of him & had him as his role model.Well anyway,Dick visited Stan more than once & would also have tea with him.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow, the stairway thing, People have copied there work for years, but none have matched the originals.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
My fave was the "babes in toyland" aka "march of the wooden soldier" :smile: go check it out sometime, its quite good.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love March of the Wooden Soldiers, they really knew how to make classics in the '30s. Laurel and Hardy were a superb comedy team.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
My fave was the "babes in toyland" aka "march of the wooden soldier" :smile: go check it out sometime, its quite good.
I have that film in a DVD box set I got from Borders/Amazon.com.