Anyone like Lillian Hoban's Arthur the chimpanzee?

salemfan

Reaction score
I always liked the lesser known character of Arthur the chimpanzee created by Lillian Hoban better than the greater known character of Arthur the aardvark created by Marc Brown. The books I am familiar with(and own)about Arthur the chimpanzee are:
Arthur's Pen Pal
Arthur's Loose Tooth
Arthur's Camp-Out
Arthur's Prize Reader
Arthur's Honey Bear
Arthur's Halloween Costume
Arthur's Great Big Valentine
Arthur's Christmas Cookies
Arthur's Birthday Party
Arthur's Back to School Day
A few differences between Arthur the chimp and Arthur the aardvark are that Arthur the aardvark has two sisters(D.W. and Kate), and Arthur the chimp has one sister(Violet). Also, Arthur the aardvark's parents are present in many stories, but Arthur the chimp's parents are mentioned, but are never present in any stories. It sounds like a shame that people tend to focus more on Marc Brown's Arthur the aardvark and treat Lillian Hoban's Arthur the chimp like he doesn't exist!

salemfan

Reaction score
Why does the world tend to focus more on Arthur the aardvark created by Marc Brown and treat Arthur the chimpanzee created by Lillian Hoban like he doesn't exist?

salemfan

Reaction score
I just got rid of all my Arthur the chimp books, but let's compare and contrast Lillian Hoban's Arthur the chimpanzee with Marc Brown's Arthur the aardvark. I read in Lillian Hoban's Arthur's Loose Tooth about Father's pipe stand, indicating that Arthur the chimpanzee's father smokes a pipe. Does Arthur the aardvark's father smoke a tobacco pipe?