Anyone like Spongebob?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I used to get really annoyed by the show until I discovered that it's humor style (with the tremendously over-reactive characters) was similar to Ren and Stimpy (which I love), so it would be hypocritical of me not to love Sponge Bob. I think the characters are great, but I'm not a die-hard fan. There really aren't much in the way of plots, are there?

I do want to see the movie though. My girlfriend is a truer Sponge Bob fan so I might catch it with her sometime.

superfan

Reaction score
I've tried watching one episode, too. Couldn't get into it. It's frustrating when there's SO MUCH hype about it, so much merchandise and so on, and then when you watch it, you're completely let down...like, what the...!
Well, I can't watch it just once and make any sort of opinion on it. Tell you what...one more chance. Just one more. We'll see.....

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
If you REALLY wanna give it a chance, you should go see the movie! :wink:

superfan

Reaction score
Dude, if I'm gonna spend $40 bucks at a movie, it's not going to be the SpongeBob one. :wink:
I'll stick to my trusty television.
Mind you a cameo of David Hasselhoff is strangely appealing...haha!

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
I love spongebob with all my heart. not really. The muppets have all my heart so I guess I can spare room for spongebob somewhere in my brain. Although the subconciousness will be hurting because I really don't like spongebob therefore in turn punishing me to grow my nose like pinnochio. Does anybody know where my dad geppeto is? :confused:

Animal Jam

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Rocko's Modern Life what is it 1990 that was terrible
Hey! :mad: I like rocko's Modern life! Thank god the made Nicktoons a channel!

salemfan

Reaction score
SpongeBob should probably appear on commercials for StarKist and Vlasic.

Gloworm

Reaction score
I love spongebob, he is one of my heros. How can anyone be so innocent and nice and sweet and caring and funny AND yellow and spongy?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I have been known to enjoy watching the Porifera-Robert Quadrilateral-Trousers (SpongeBob SquarePants).

I am a fan a few other Nicktoons; The Ren & Stimpy Show (Nick's Ren & Stimpy- not the Spike TV's "Ren & Stimpy Adult Party" cause that was junky), Rocko's Modern Life (oh how I loved this show), The Angry Beavers (another fun show), and Doug (Nick's Doug- not the Disney's "Brand Spankin' New" Doug I hated that version of the show - but the original was the best!). All the other Nicktoons could vanish into the sea and I would not mind.