1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone on Facebook?

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by peyjenk, May 10, 2007.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I was wondering if anyone on MC was also on Facebook, and would be interested in a REAL Muppet fan group.

There are all these "Muppet fan" groups on Facebook that are made up of people who "love those two old guys" or "think Kermit is awesome." I want to start a group for those of us who know what we are talking about, but before I did, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be the only member. :D

And, please don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to put anybody down. But as someone who really really REALLY loves the Muppets, I would like to have a stronger, more focused group. Make sense?
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I recently started a "Muppet Central on Facebook" group that so far only Prawnie and myself have joined. I'd be happy to combine forces or join whatever group you put together too.
  3. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Is your group Global? I can't find it.
  4. redBoobergurl

I actually set it up as closed, I'm sorry. I didn't want to have just random people not actually from MC signing up. I just made it open, so you should be able to find it, it's called "The Official Muppet Central on Facebook Group"
  5. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Thanks! I'm on!

I still might do another group, though, so I'll keep you all posted!
  6. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

keeping it closed it probably a good idea, as long as people here know about it
  7. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

The problem with it being closed, though, is that you can join by invitation only. I couldn't even see the group until she made it open. Nobody here could find it unless they were already Facebook friends with someone who was in it.
  8. redBoobergurl

True, well for now I opened it though because otherwise the only way people would find it is through invitation. I posted on it that if everyone could post with their MC username then we'll know that they're actual MC people and we'll also know who each other is. :)
  9. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

10. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

I'm on Facebook, and I just joined it!
  11. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

i'm game.
  12. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I'm on Facebook as well(Somebody talked me into it) if anybody wants to add me, go ahead.

Daniel
  13. goshposh

goshposh Member

i just joined the group!
  14. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Beth, IMHO of course, you should probably keep that group closed, because otherwise any weird person could read this thread, click your group and know everyone's real names. I wouldn't feel comfortable joining knowing that.

Peyjenk, your group being open is fine cause it's generic and it doesn't have to do with us directly.
  15. redBoobergurl

True enough. I'm going to close it guys, if you want to join, PM me your info and I'll send you an invite. Also Prawnie is an admin for the group too, you could also PM him.

Thanks.
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks Beth. :) So closed means that no one can see the wall or messages or anything, but can search for it?
  17. redBoobergurl

Yes, I believe it will show up in searches and there's something that says "request to join group" but they won't be able to join without an admin's approval. :)
  18. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

im on face book i also have a group for puppeteers and fans of puppetry
    :)
  19. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I'm also on Facebook and I started the "Muppet Babies was the shiz and I wish it was back on TV" group.

Hope some of you guys add me, I made it "global".

BJ
  20. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Ah, I was going to start a thread just to nail down who infact was on Facebook, but I thought I'd check to see if there was one first. Good thing I did; thanks Beth! So it was you who started the group, eh? Good idea keeping it closed! I'm a member of both the site and the group myself, and I was wondering who else I could add to my friends list.

Also, there's a thread on the message board, for anyone who for some reason hasn't seen it, called "Who Be Ye?" Some of us have posted in it, but I would strongly recomend, and infact request, that everyone who is a member of the group use it to identify yourself with your MC user name. Obviously if you were invited Beth and Ryan already know who you are, but for everyone else's benefit? Of course, this is if you don't object...
    :)