Anyone remember these?

rjschex

Reaction score
Here are three seemingly forgotten sketches I'm looking to add to my vast collection--anyone remember?

--a hand deals off a special deck of cards, with an offscreen voice (Maria?) counting along. The cards had a normal playing-card back design, but a fluorescent-colored face with a large black number on it. There may have been up to four versions--counting forward and backward, also in either English or Spanish(?)

--film for number 6. Fast sax-based jazz music plays; there is no dialogue; the camera wipes between any of three or more different scenes: (1) a black metallic "6" hung on a beige wall; (2) an abstract painting with a "6" somewhere in the design; (3) an animation of six dots appearing one at a time, usually to rhythm of a drumbeat. On the final scene, we see the metal "6" hanging on the wall; it falls with a loud clanging sound.

--live-action film with little girl sitting down at concert grand piano. While she's playing, she matures into a woman. (At least that's how I remember it.) One brief scene that I remember had a shot of the now-older girl's foot pumping the pedal. (I don't know why that sticks in my mind.)

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
rjschex said:
--film for number 6. Fast sax-based jazz music plays; there is no dialogue; the camera wipes between any of three or more different scenes: (1) a black metallic "6" hung on a beige wall; (2) an abstract painting with a "6" somewhere in the design; (3) an animation of six dots appearing one at a time, usually to rhythm of a drumbeat. On the final scene, we see the metal "6" hanging on the wall; it falls with a loud clanging sound.
HO - LEEE COW!!! How are you wonderful people remembering these? I've already teased Zet that he's going to Hypnosis Recollection Therapy or something. I'm so amazed every time I remember one of these, as it furthers the notion I have heard so much about that if you've seen or heard something, like, EVER, it's still in your head. WOW. I used to love these segments! Was it only "6" or were there more? I only have a very faint memory of this one. Very faint. The drum/dots thing jogged the memory. (I was always attracted to things with drum solo's, being a drummer all my life.) WOW. If anyone has this one I NEED IT. VHS, MPG, AVI, VCD, ANYTHING!

thanx for the memory!

later
eric