Anyone remember this hairy skit?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... I remember this song, and I want to know more about it.

A hairy guy (mayhaps like Cousin Itt) walks into a Barber and sings about he never can see his friends because he is literally covered in hair...

and his back up singer friends sing:

So the Barber kept on cutting,
and he cut and cut some more
Til the hair was piled,
piled on the flooo-ooo-ooor...

and the Barber keeps saying "snippity snip... snippity snip"

and by the end of the skit he is trimmed, and his friends are piled under his hair and the barber cuts them out.

All I can remember is the main character was performed (or at least voiced) by jerry nelson, and one of the Background singer voices was Christopher Cerf. I think the Barber was performed by Martin P robinson, but I can't recall...

anyone know the lyrics?

Ryan

Reaction score
Well, this isn't really helping, but they used the same skit on TMS, in the Kaye Ballard episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems more similar than the same to me... There was someone left after the Barber cut all that hair in the Sesame skit...

I forget the lyrics to the song, and I bet it was a parody of something... but all I can remember is the chorus, the "Snippity snip" and the end where the back up singers are covered in hair....

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Okay... I remember this song, and I want to know more about it.

A hairy guy (mayhaps like Cousin Itt) walks into a Barber and sings about he never can see his friends because he is literally covered in hair...

and his back up singer friends sing:

So the Barber kept on cutting,
and he cut and cut some more
Til the hair was piled,
piled on the flooo-ooo-ooor...

and the Barber keeps saying "snippity snip... snippity snip"

and by the end of the skit he is trimmed, and his friends are piled under his hair and the barber cuts them out.

All I can remember is the main character was performed (or at least voiced) by jerry nelson, and one of the Background singer voices was Christopher Cerf. I think the Barber was performed by Martin P robinson, but I can't recall...

anyone know the lyrics?
sorry doc, i cant remember the words, but i think i remember that after the barber cut the friends out from under the hair, he then had to go back and cut the other guy back out..is that right, or am i going nuts here! i forgot about this sketch, ahh, i love memories..

camillachick

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! What a funny skit that was!
I can't get any more of the words for you but I remember that part where the barber begins to cut the friends free. The hair that covers them actually looks like a piece of furry material thrown over them and not a loose pile of hair. Then the barber comes over saying something like, "Oh dear, oh well. Just a little off the top. Snip snip snippety snip..."
I always wondered if the hair would pile back up on the original guy and the barber would have to free him.

BlueAM

Reaction score
camillachick said:
HAHAHAHA! What a funny skit that was!
I can't get any more of the words for you but I remember that part where the barber begins to cut the friends free. The hair that covers them actually looks like a piece of furry material thrown over them and not a loose pile of hair. Then the barber comes over saying something like, "Oh dear, oh well. Just a little off the top. Snip snip snippety snip..."
I always wondered if the hair would pile back up on the original guy and the barber would have to free him.
I was just wonderin' what the guy who gets his hair cut (the lead singer) looks like. He is a green AM, I think, and he might have orange hair. The barber is lavender, I believe, with a triangle-shaped nose, black hair and a black moustache, but is this true. Can you also please describe to me what the backup singers look like? It would rully be a great help! Thanks!

BlueAM