1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Anyone see Garfield the Movie yet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KGJC, Jun 12, 2004.

1. KGJC

KGJC Well-Known Member

Anyone see Garfield the Movie. it was a good movie. :)

2. Fozzie

Fozzie Well-Known Member

I don't have very high hopes for this movie. Mainly because Garfield is the only CGI animal and ther rest of the animals are real. And also, in the comics Garfield is always lazy and in this it shows him dancing and everything, what is up with that? I might see it but I doubt it.

3. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I've always been a big Garfield fan, so I'm hoping it's a good movie. Hopefully it will still be in theaters when we're done moving and I have time to see it!

4. jediX

jediX Well-Known Member

My only issue with the movie is that Garfield's mouth moves in it, which is something he never does when talking. At least I assume his mouth moves, since it does in the promos. I'll probably see it in a week or two when the theaters clean out and I don't have to sit around a bunch of punk middle schoolers or whining babies -- those two groups ruined my experience in seeing Shrek 2.

5. janicegroupie

janicegroupie Well-Known Member

I saw the movie Friday night. I had very low expectations since I didn't like how they made Garfield computer animated but I was very plesantly surprised. The movie was great! :excited: There was all the great classic Garfield jokes and yeah it was a really funny movie. I quickly forgot about Garfield being CGI animated and was able to get into the movie. Plus Bill Murray did a great job as the voice of Garfield. I highly recommend it and will probably be seeing it a second time in theaters. All of you who are hesitant to see it I'd say give it a chance since the commercials really don't do the movie justice.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of negative reviews about this one...and heard there's quite a bit of violence towards animals and people...and that they used shock collars on "Odie" to get him to jump in circles and stuff....

I can't support that.

:sympathy:

7. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon Well-Known Member

I didn't think film folks were allowed to do that kind of thing nowadays. :grouchy:
    Erin

8. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I wanted to see it... except my movie theater isn't showing it, crap :grouchy: :boo: . I'm a huge Garfield fan (I still get the desk calenders every year :) )

9. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Well-Known Member

"I don't have very high hopes for this movie." -Fozzie
    Neither did I. But I still saw it as I loved Garfield as a kid. Guess what Foz, it was REALLY funny. I was and am still suprised. This movie is the best family film I've seen since Monsters Inc., really. I think you'll get a kick out of it, thumbs up!

10. Here, here with Shrek 2 as well. When the Donkey Pop scene came up all the kids were all "Mommy, this is a funny part!", "Mommy! This part is going to be funny!", etc. I as well am going to see Garfield as soon as I can. I do not approve of his mouth moving as well. And I think Nermel's CGI, ain't sure.

11. Lazy J

Lazy J Active Member

Can I ask were you heard that?
    The American Humane society is one of the films promotional partners , http://www.americanhumane.org/site/...tion_aacm&JServSessionIdr012=pf7g2h0j64.app7a

I don't belive the AHS would be assiocated with a movie that was cruel to the animal talent.

12. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

The "shock collar" thing was part of the fictional plot, right? Not part of the actual production (I hope...)

Anyway, I saw this movie last night, and was very pleasantly surprised! I hadn't read many positive reviews, but I was always a big Garfield fan, and I figured I owed it to 10-year-old Andy (who wouldn't forgive me if they made a Garfield movie and I didn't go). Anyway, it was a lot of fun. They really got the tone right, and Bill Murray was great as Garfield. The human cast was also just right. The plot of the movie (without spoiling too much) was basically the same plot as another high-profile kids/family movie written by the same screenwriters--I'll leave it to you to figure out what I mean. In any case, if you like Garfield as a character, I think you'll really like this movie.

:)

13. I wonder if there is a US Acres short before the movie...

14. Klonoa

Klonoa Well-Known Member

15. jediX

jediX Well-Known Member

Maybe next weekend. No matter how good this flick is, it can never stand up to Garfield's Halloween Special. Period... best Halloween special ever.

16. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Well-Known Member

I've never been so disappointed by a movie as much as when I saw Garfield. What was up with Liz? Jenifer Love Hewitt was the wrong person to play her!! In the strip Liz is really kick-*** and cool; but she's a big girl in the movie. And I don't like seeing Garfield's good side. And Nermal! And...ooh I'm seeing red as I relive it!!

17. Animal Jam

Animal Jam Well-Known Member

The movie was okay. I got it on DVD for christmas. The parts of Nermal, Arlene, and Liz were totally crappy. They should have made it like the TV specials. :sympathy:

18. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Well-Known Member

Seriously, I got mega excited when I first saw the trailer [I almost literally screamed the cinema down!!!!!] and I got excited when I saw it was live action- I love when animation is converted to live action (I love Scooby Doo, and the live action Flinstones- I hope the live action Simpsons- if made- are that good) but it was all wrong. Odie wasn't brain dead enough, Jon wasn't dorky enough, Liz didn't have enough attitude, Nermal was too street smart, Arlene was too girlie. Garfield was spot on though; Bill Murray was a great replacement of Lorenzo Music!!

19. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Well-Known Member

It Was Intresting But Slow

20. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly Well-Known Member

I didnt really like it. the other animals should have been animated and lyman wasnt in it!