Anyone see Garfield the Movie yet

King Jim

Reaction score
Anyone see Garfield the Movie. it was a good movie. :smile:

Fozzie

Reaction score
I don't have very high hopes for this movie. Mainly because Garfield is the only CGI animal and ther rest of the animals are real. And also, in the comics Garfield is always lazy and in this it shows him dancing and everything, what is up with that? I might see it but I doubt it.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've always been a big Garfield fan, so I'm hoping it's a good movie. Hopefully it will still be in theaters when we're done moving and I have time to see it!

jediX

Reaction score
My only issue with the movie is that Garfield's mouth moves in it, which is something he never does when talking. At least I assume his mouth moves, since it does in the promos. I'll probably see it in a week or two when the theaters clean out and I don't have to sit around a bunch of punk middle schoolers or whining babies -- those two groups ruined my experience in seeing Shrek 2.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I saw the movie Friday night. I had very low expectations since I didn't like how they made Garfield computer animated but I was very plesantly surprised. The movie was great! :excited: There was all the great classic Garfield jokes and yeah it was a really funny movie. I quickly forgot about Garfield being CGI animated and was able to get into the movie. Plus Bill Murray did a great job as the voice of Garfield. I highly recommend it and will probably be seeing it a second time in theaters. All of you who are hesitant to see it I'd say give it a chance since the commercials really don't do the movie justice.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I've read a lot of negative reviews about this one...and heard there's quite a bit of violence towards animals and people...and that they used shock collars on "Odie" to get him to jump in circles and stuff....

I can't support that.

:sympathy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
I've read a lot of negative reviews about this one...and heard there's quite a bit of violence towards animals and people...and that they used shock collars on "Odie" to get him to jump in circles and stuff....

I can't support that.

:sympathy:
I didn't think film folks were allowed to do that kind of thing nowadays. :grouchy:
Erin

rexcrk

Reaction score
I wanted to see it... except my movie theater isn't showing it, crap :grouchy: :boo: . I'm a huge Garfield fan (I still get the desk calenders every year :smile: )

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
"I don't have very high hopes for this movie." -Fozzie
Neither did I. But I still saw it as I loved Garfield as a kid. Guess what Foz, it was REALLY funny. I was and am still suprised. This movie is the best family film I've seen since Monsters Inc., really. I think you'll get a kick out of it, thumbs up!

P

Philo and Gunge

jediX said:
I'll probably see it in a week or two when the theaters clean out and I don't have to sit around a bunch of punk middle schoolers or whining babies -- those two groups ruined my experience in seeing Shrek 2.
Here, here with Shrek 2 as well. When the Donkey Pop scene came up all the kids were all "Mommy, this is a funny part!", "Mommy! This part is going to be funny!", etc. I as well am going to see Garfield as soon as I can. I do not approve of his mouth moving as well. And I think Nermel's CGI, ain't sure.