Anyone Seen "300" Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This is a really awesome film (which is in fact based on Frank Miller's graphic novel) telling the events surrounding the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. The story was great and so were the characters involved (the Queen of Sparta was my favorite one, 'cause she had all of the great lines in the film, next to King Leonidas).

My favorites quotes:
"This is madness!"
"Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!"

It's really a film you could learn a lot from. I just learned that respecting another's culture can avoid serious conflict, much like the one the Spartans and the Persians had to face in the movie. That, and to never underestimate the power of 300 rebels, even if the odds are against them.

So has anyone seen it yet?:smile:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
great movie did 70 mil 1st weekend

excellent film quality great story

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I actually never heard of it until sunday when they anounced all the money it made and everything like that. I must be slow or something, haha!:stick_out_tongue:

Frogster

Reaction score
Since I work at a movie theater, we previewed it Thursday night... I LOVED IT!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I can't see it because it's R-rated. Though I would like to read the graphic novel. Does that have "R-rated" material in it?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I read about the first few pages of the graphic novel. It's not that bad. I'd suggest reading it if you're not old enough to see the film yet.:smile:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Thanks again muppetwriter, these links did help me find out more about the content.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I loved it. I'm a pretty big fan of the comic so I was psyched, and fortunately it delivered. I hope nobody mistakes Gerard Butler for a good actor based on this movie's success, though.