Anyone Seen "300" Yet?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
No problem, CG.:smile:

I've seen Gerard Butler in Timeline, which he seemed pretty good in, despite the fact that it was a movie with a bad plot. He really did an awesome job as King Leonidas in 300. I wish I could imitate the accent he uses in the film; it was marvelous.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I like Gerard Butler a lot, but I hope that his story isn't the same as it was with Keanu Reeves for me. Even though he's a poor actor, I always enjoy seeing him on screen, but once he met success with The Matrix I've come to detest seeing him at all. With 300's success, I fear that the same may happen to Gerard.

My reasoning is shoddy. Please feel free to ignore the rest of my posts concerning the matter in this thread.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I dunno. Gerard's story might be a little different. I only know him from 300 and Timeline. I've never seen any other movies he's in. But he must be promising if he's lined up to play a role in the upcoming Watchmen film (based on the well-known DC Comics book), which will be directed by the same guy who directed 300.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
I dunno. Gerard's story might be a little different. I only know him from 300 and Timeline. I've never seen any other movies he's in. But he must be promising if he's lined up to play a role in the upcoming Watchmen film (based on the well-known DC Comics book), which will be directed by the same guy who directed 300.
I've heard several Watchmen rumors lately but none about Butler. Where'd you hear that? I certainly like Butler a lot, and were he to be in Watchmen, I could see him pulling off Dr. Manhattan. The only casting "news" I've heard lately concerned Tom Cruise as Ozymandias and Ron Perlman as The Comedian. Both of these actually almost happened, and I sorta wish they had.

muppetwriter, you seem to be a comic-savvy guy... did you see Ghost Rider? What'd you think?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I heard that a long time ago they wanted to cast Arnold Shwarteneger(or however the heck you spell it). BTW, something I've been meaning to ask, why does everyone make such a big deal about Watchmen?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Speed Tracer said:
I've heard several Watchmen rumors lately but none about Butler. Where'd you hear that? I certainly like Butler a lot, and were he to be in Watchmen, I could see him pulling off Dr. Manhattan. The only casting "news" I've heard lately concerned Tom Cruise as Ozymandias and Ron Perlman as The Comedian. Both of these actually almost happened, and I sorta wish they had.

muppetwriter, you seem to be a comic-savvy guy... did you see Ghost Rider? What'd you think?
I found out about that from Wikipedia's website, and they must've found out about it from SuperHeroHype!'s website, where I get most of my comic book information. According to one of the two, it was revealed at WonderCon that they were interested in having him be in the movie, though they don't know which character he'll be playing.

I've been pretty comic-savvy since the release of Fantastic Four and Batman Begins back in 2005 (looking forward to the sequel to the former this summer and the latter next year).:smile:

And, yes, I have seen Ghost Rider. And like I've told many people last month, though the movie had some terrific special effects, I just didn't find the storyline much appealing. There were a few things they could've done to make it a little better, such as the fight sequences in the film (especially the ones with Blackheart).

crazed gonzo fa said:
BTW, something I've been meaning to ask, why does everyone make such a big deal about Watchmen?
Same reason comics like Hellboy and Spawn get so much attention. A lot of readers dig the gritty storyline and characters. I haven't read Watchmen yet, although I am going to start now that they're going to make a movie for it. Judging from the image of the blood on the smiley face, it has to be a pretty gritty comic book series.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
Same reason comics like Hellboy and Spawn get so much attention. A lot of readers dig the gritty storyline and characters. I haven't read Watchmen yet, although I am going to start now that they're going to make a movie for it. Judging from the image of the blood on the smiley face, it has to be a pretty gritty comic book series.
Adding to that bit, it completely breaks the rules of comic book writing. Watchmen came out at a time where Robin still didn't know what pants were and said things like "Golly!" And even today, it makes the most "mature" comics seem like Archie Comics. It was ahead of its time in a big way, and in addition to weaving one heckuva great story, Alan Moore was eerily prophetic about America's current government.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
I saw some panals on this documentery(spelling?) once. It does look "mature", and not just in violence.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I would heartily suggest that you guys read Watchmen. It's one of the most astonishing pieces of fiction that I've ever read.