Anyone seen Shark Tale?

P

Princeton

Say what you will about the stereotypes, but this movie is great! Fantastic animation, great storyline, and the most sincere vocal work I've ever heard. And don't think that this is just like Finding Nemo; the producers made it very clear that the only thing the two movies have in common is that they take place underwater. So, anyone else dig Shark Tale?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT ...

I saw it in the theater, many months ago. I was hoping it would be better, but I thought it was kind of overdone in terms of 70's music, scenery and anthropomorphism (which the Shreks had just the right amount of). Will Smith's "I'll-do-anything-for-money/power/women/fame-even-lie-to-my-secretary-and-my-boss" character made me cringe. Maybe it was because I had seen too many previews for it, but I knew something was wrong when I heard a little kid start to cry during the death scene.

I also thought it got too serious during the father/son confrontation scenes. They treat veganism like society treats homosexuality - it just seemed too realistic at those times.

You know the kind of plot where the character tries to be something he's not? I'll call it *, to be short. This is the * to end all *'s.

I dunno - maybe if I saw it again I would think differently.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
yes,it was a great movie.i give it 3 and a half stars.on the good side it had great graphics,the actors were great for the parts,the fish played by rene zeleweger looked JUST! like rene zeleweger.on the bad side,horrible ending(because the sharks turn good),the sharks were mean to the shark that is played by jack black,i thought it was gay that the shark acted like a dolphin(no offence tutter),and the main fish was a big show off.

P

Princeton

gorgonmanistan said:
horrible ending(because the sharks turn good)

What kind of a movie would it be if the sharks DIDN'T turn good? The movie ended just the way it should have.

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
Princeton said:
What kind of a movie would it be if the sharks DIDN'T turn good? The movie ended just the way it should have.
we,ll it was to much like all of the other movies,like in ice age the sabertooth turned good.the only movies ive seen when the bad guy didnt turn good was lilo and stich and star wars.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ya. I saw dis movie, and I think, cool beans it has it's funny moments! And yet, blah, what a dumbo plot of a film... Look at it as a light humour, and it's great, the Rasta Jellyfish for example, very funny! The shark mafia boss, on the other hand...

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I love it! My best friend cried at the shrimp who was talking about how it was working extra in the office and how it was worth it to see the little guy smile!! I adore it, so many of my fave celebrities are in it!

P

Princeton

gorgonmanistan said:
the only movies ive seen when the bad guy didnt turn good was lilo and stich and star wars.
Lilo & Stitch? I don't quite follow. Every so-called "bad guy" in that movie turned good.