Anyone Seen "The Simpons Movie" yet?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The whole Bart skateboarding sequence was probably the highlight for me. Ralph's line was jaw-droppingly hilarious!

How 'bout Comic Book Guy's "final" thoughts on how he spent his life?

And possibly the greatest D'oh! ever uttered by Homer (even though it wasn't technically "d'oh!", but still...)

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I thought Cletus's scene with the possum was great. "I cain't do it!"

BTW Drtooth, how was the Aqua Teen movie? I'm a fan of the series. Does it live up to the show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Aqua teen movie? Well, let's just say that by being outrageously incoherent, yes it lived up to the show 100%. I loved it, and I thought it was really holding up to the oddballicity that the show has made popular. I can't tell you too much without ruining it. I will say it won't be as fun not being on the big screen. It actually still plays in my area at midnight shows (Considering I'm from around Boston, and we all know the drama that caused).

I have to say Ralph and Cletus were FUNNY in this film. Not that I hate both characters, but in the show I feel they're overused.

I swear, ever single fan favorite character that popped on the screen was greeted by cheers, fan screams, and howls of derisive laughter, especially Ralph's Fan fare at the beginning.

BTW, anyone else collecting the BK figurines? I got Krusty, Wiggum, and Apu so far.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Aqua teen movie? Well, let's just say that by being outrageously incoherent, yes it lived up to the show 100%. I loved it, and I thought it was really holding up to the oddballicity that the show has made popular. I can't tell you too much without ruining it. I will say it won't be as fun not being on the big screen. It actually still plays in my area at midnight shows (Considering I'm from around Boston, and we all know the drama that caused).
Cool! It hits DVD on August 14 in a 2-disc SE loaded with extras. Great that it's outrageously incoherent and lives up to the show.

Interestingly, I don't think it even played at the multiplex I saw The Producers at. Weird.

Good to know it's still playing in your area.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Interestingly, I don't think it even played at the multiplex I saw The Producers at. Weird.

Good to know it's still playing in your area.:big_grin:

A) Wasn't a wide release.

B) I guess the theater that runs it only does it to honk of Boston Mayor Tom menino. Had I not wanted to see the movie prior, I would have seen it anyway to protest how rediculous post 9/11 hysteria has become.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
**SPOILER**

The opening was great, with Homer chiding us "losers" for spending money on something we could see at home for free. The theater went wild!

The Green Day/Titanic bit was another classic, with Billie Joe reading the "lyrics" to the Simpsons theme off a Telepromptor, then the group switching to "Nearer My God To Thee" as their act literally sinks. Cut to the church, where the organist is playing "American Idiot: Funeral Version." LOL!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yeah, the Titanic thing was pretty halarious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Among the trailers you may see before the film are The Chipmunks (potty humor), Daddy Day Camp (with Cuba Gooding, Jr.), Fred Claus (Christmas comedy with Vince Vaughn), and a CGI Horton Hears a Who, with Jim Carrey as the voice of Horton.

I saw the Stupid Christmas one and the Horton hears a Who. But the only other one I saw was some unfunny stuff about Dane Cook bonking random women so they could get married. Which included the prerequisite "Look at how disgusting fat people are, especially women" jokes. The Fat guy from Austin Powers was funny, but COME ON! Move on to another joke already.

I forgot Homer's fairwell. Now that was great to see a cartoon character do.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I saw the Stupid Christmas one and the Horton hears a Who. But the only other one I saw was some unfunny stuff about Dane Cook bonking random women so they could get married. Which included the prerequisite "Look at how disgusting fat people are, especially women" jokes. The Fat guy from Austin Powers was funny, but COME ON! Move on to another joke already.

I forgot Homer's fairwell. Now that was great to see a cartoon character do.
Fortunately I was spared the Dane Cook trailer.

Homer's farewell was classic.

"His head's still showing!" and the townspeople beat up the top of Homer's head.:crazy:

"Bye everybody!" - Dr. Nick

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
In this week's Entertainment Weekly (that has four different covers: Homer, Bart, Lisa or Marge/Maggie in a movie theater), there is a quote from Conan O'Brien, who of course was a writer on the show.

Conan says he wasn't even asked to participate in the writing of the film. He set aside time away from his show in anticipation of working on the project, but the call never came.:confused: He felt hurt to be left out.