Anyones else disapointed?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I go into a Toys R Us store, and Surprise Surprise, no Muppet Show figures were to be found!!! They just had Wrestling toys, Star Wars 2, and SpiderMan (the last two I've no problem with). But No Muppets. They had a whole thing devoted to that crummy Digimon, Pokemon flavor of the month toys that are unsellable!!! UNSELLABLE!!! I'm glad Hasbro lost a fortune on them. I wish the shipment would have gotten there in time, but as usual, us New Englanders are getting gipped (or is it jipped?) I would have, instead, purchased a Simpson Figure, but all they had left was Superintendant Chalmers, and Uter (who hasn't been on the series in years). I'd've bought a Spongebob Squarepants video (I have no cable, so I have to buy videos), but they were more then they were at Target! The only Muppet thing they had was the song "Happiness Hotel" piped through the store. I personally don't like Toy store, because they never have anything interresting anymore!! Anyone esle have this problem???

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I think we'll just have to be patient for a little longer.

I believe that originally the figures were to be shipped on May 3, and then it was delayed(someone please back me up with actual facts). So I don't think anyone (who hasn't won stuff from Ken) has these figures yet.

Good things come to those who wait.

Thog

Reaction score
us New Englanders are getting gipped (or is it jipped?)
Why do you think that? What part of NE are you in. I'm in Boston and I've found plenty of Muppet stuff lately. I work in the same building as FAO, and I've been going to check if they got them in. I didn't see them today, but I did find an Igel miss piggy doll on sale for $16, Muppets From Space Soundtrack for $1.00 and a few other little things.

Dan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Toy Stores...

The only thing that irked me lately was having to scout all over town for all of the newest Scooby Doo action figures (based on the film).

I think the earliest shipment was like in the first week of June for the Muppets, right? I know my pre-purchase isn't shipping until then.

Later,
FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I saw some toys based on the Scooby Movie (I know because it had a pic of the live cast on the wrappings) in a Suncoast video store at the mall today! I was looking all over for the Mupppets, but I guess that they picked a bad time to ship them (right after the Star Wars and Spiderman toys came out)

kane31666

Reaction score
release dates

just a word of advice, never ever trust release dates. Especially from EB. They don't know what they're doing with release dates, they always have the dates for simpsons stuff wrong, sometimes by a months. I wouldn't doubt that these figures won't be widespread in the states until mid June.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog

Why do you think that? What part of NE are you in. I'm in Boston and I've found plenty of Muppet stuff lately.
I"M FROM BOSTON!!!! But what I meant about getting jipped, is that a lot of toys (Muppets or otherwise) don't reach here for some time. I scouted all over for New Garfield Pez dispensers in 98 and they weren't in stores until december or something. ANd I don't know where you found the piggy, but there is a lot of Muppet stuff. The Dapy or Spencer gift stores have Muppet stuuf, I know, but what I ment was I wanted the Dr. Teeth action figure (I want, if nothing else, at least the Electric Mayhiem group). But if you can tell where you found a stuffed Piggy (and if they had anyone else) I can tide myself over for a while.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
muppets from Boston

Hey, I posted this in the ask ken section. I'll give you the gist of it. I went to the TRU in Wellington Circle, Medford MA and the woman at the service desk thought I was crazy for knowing about the Muppets stuff. She said she knew lots of things, but nothing about the Muppets. Grrr! Its annoying.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Within the next 3-14 days, all Muppets stuff for Series 1 will have left Asia. That puts the bulk of it on shelf between June 01- June 15, depending on any stores distribution network. SO don't start looking every day for stuff until at least that time frame. The Lab set ships between the 24th - 30th or so, give or take five days. No definites o shipping dates for a lot of reasons. Truck and vessel availablility...freight forwarder schedules and timetables, yadda yadda yadda.

It's never easy to lock down a "date"...but the window is the best operational model right now.

FYI...if you are REALLY jonesing...go to the Wizard Philly Show this weekend. We will have some cases of samples on sale at the show that were sent to the office for QC review. If you really want them early...that's the earliest they will be anywhere. But there ain't that many so get there when the show opens. They will be sold by the set and some of the leftover Kermit and Piggy will be sold separately. (there are 2 extra Kermit and Piggy per case)

Ken

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

But if you can tell where you found a stuffed Piggy (and if they had anyone else) I can tide myself over for a while.
I found the Piggy at FAO, there was only one left yesterday.

Dan