Anything Muppety From Comic Con?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Noone who actually attended the Farscape panels to go chat on them with that MuppetCast host guy. Oh well, I hope everyone there enjoyed themselves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So far...
Boom Muppet Show & Muppet-based comics
We knew that already :big_grin: But I think we've seen the first versions of the collected comics.

Archadia Labyrinth & Dark Crystal comics with Brian Froud involvement
So... the Fraggle One may be revealed later?

EFX Rizzo Poser, Reporter Kermit Poser, Miss Piggy head mold for Poser
SWEET! Protos!

BTW... has anyone gone to any TMNT panels? I just want to know if that anniversary DTV movie is happening or not....

beaker

Reaction score
Not bad I think thats a great representaiton for the Muppets.
Well it's better than nothing...

I guess we've all been used to Muppets and performers doing skits and q & a's at comic con and all sorts of Muppety/Henson related goodness(Like Red Fraggle making her first appearence in almost two decades last year)

beaker

Reaction score
I did a little digging and found a couple sites with coverage on the Farscape panel, which also included announcements for Fraggle Rock and Power of the Dark Crystal, and included them in the con report for my blog:

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/2009/07/26/comic-con-2009-friday-saturday-sunday/

oooh...

+ Fraggle Rock announced as a feature film; Henson assured audience it was “on the schedule.”

+ Dark Crystal sequel The Power of the Dark Crystal “will accompany the Fraggles into theaters in a couple of years.”
hey well thats something!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So I guess Weinstein is distributing PotDC as well now. That makes me happy that a mainstream studio has picked it up, hopefully a good sign this **** movie can finally be filmed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really don't understand something, and maybe this should be posted elsewhere but I'm thinking about this because of the Comic con.
There are conventions and lagre get get to gathers all the time for the fans of Star Wars Star Trek there was even one for Lego's I think a few weeks ago. Not to mention Comics where the publishers and fans come together and fellowship and see all the new things coming out.

Now I know that we had the Muppetfest way back when thrown by Henson, but since then what have we Muppet fans really had to get us together. sure there have been little events here and there but nothing like Muppet fest.
Is it that we fans can't seem to get orgainzied to have something like this? Is it that we are all spread out over the vast World of ours that we can't seem to get to one spot? What is it, and can we do something about it?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Now I know that we had the Muppetfest way back when thrown by Henson, but since then what have we Muppet fans really had to get us together. sure there have been little events here and there but nothing like Muppet fest.
Is it that we fans can't seem to get orgainzied to have something like this? Is it that we are all spread out over the vast World of ours that we can't seem to get to one spot? What is it, and can we do something about it?
It's not so much we don't want to, it's just we don't know how we would!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Really? Wow well to me it sounds simple, and I have a lot of ideas but really would want some people behind it first before i really started doing anything. I think the first thing we would need to do is look at who all would be willing to attend how many days and where they all live. Then we would try and figure out where the best place to meet would be. Now granted not everyone would love where we met, but if it grew who is to say that each year we met at a different location. That way we would be giving everyone a fair chance in coming and meeting there fellow Muppet fans.

I almost think i should start a thread on this but i don't know yet.