Anything to see in NY

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hi friends,

Long time no see. Just a quick question. I am in new york city until tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything Henson-idh for me to see here?

Thankful for any reply.

:excited:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well not necessarily Muppet-ish per se, but if you want to take some Muppets-Guide-to-New-York advice, according to the Muppets Take Manhatten, New York is just full of New Yorkers - just look at 'em all!

Speaking of MTM, it might be fun for a Muppet fan visiting New York to eat at Sardi's. I wonder if a real caricature of Jim Henson or Kermit was ever actually added.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Hi friends,

Long time no see. Just a quick question. I am in new york city until tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything Henson-idh for me to see here?

Thankful for any reply.

:excited:
When I first came across this post I for some reason I didn't read it right so didn't notice the word Henson-ish.

BorkBork

Reaction score
When I first came across this post I for some reason I didn't read it right so didn't notice the word Henson-ish.
haha, yeah i just noticed the miss-spelling of ish :smile:

Anyway, just to let you know, i did find FAO Shwartz who sells the muppet whatnots, so i put one together and bought it. Too bad it´s not made of antron fleece, and that the seams are so visible. Otherwise great puppet.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
If you ever go back, here's a few other things you might want to look up.

There's the former Henson townhouse up at 117 E. 69th Street. They've taken out the stained-glass windows so it might not look terribly obvious. Just look for a building with dark-colored bricks and white columns - if memory serves it's right off the Lexington Line.

Yes, there is a caricature of Kermit in Sardi's - we took my grandmother there for her birthday once. It's on the second floor, near the restrooms and the entrance to the second-floor lounge.

There's also St. John the Divine, where they held Jim's memorial (and later, Richard's), on Amsterdam and 110th. But for Muppet fans, what's really worth a visit is the Paley Center for Media on 52nd Street. They've got a huge archive full of Muppet movie and television clips, from the big three shows to all the previously unreleased pilots and pitches and stuff. Good times.