Apollo's Pad April Fools Video

mrhogg

Reaction score
That's some high-quality stuff, right there. I'm digging that show.

EmmaApollo

Reaction score
Thanks!

Hi lovely people,

Thank you for your kind words about Apollo's Pad. I'm Emma - I am working on promoting the Pad so it's great to hear good feedback from the puppet community. It makes us laugh so we hope it makes you laugh tooQ Thanks again for noticing us :smile:

Reaction score
Oh! I'm loving Apollo's Pad! Apollo is excellent and I love his son and the son's friend. Loved the Apollo slipping on Oprah's fat moment yesterday. I love a good puppet fall. :smile: Is it a labour of love or is it a pre-promotion for a TV show? Either way, definitely has me hooked. I'm there every lunchtime sniggering through my sandwich and getting odd looks from the rest of the office.

EmmaApollo

Reaction score
Haha - glad you like the characters. The puppeteers (lenz) are wicked. The show is not exactly a labour of love. It's actually backed by Sony BMG and will hopefully be on TV next year but we've decided to launch it online to begin with and see how much people like it. :insatiable:

Are you a fan of any of the other puppet shows by lenz? Like the Grogs, Mr Meaty or Swami Jeff?

Blink

Reaction score
Oh! I'm loving Apollo's Pad! Apollo is excellent and I love his son and the son's friend. Loved the Apollo slipping on Oprah's fat moment yesterday. I love a good puppet fall. :smile: Is it a labour of love or is it a pre-promotion for a TV show? Either way, definitely has me hooked. I'm there every lunchtime sniggering through my sandwich and getting odd looks from the rest of the office.
Hey bunnypicnicker,

I love his son's friend as well, he is one of my favourite characters because I knew a kid just like that (well not as extreme) when I was 13 years old.

It is an online series right now, but the more people who start to enjoy it the better chance of it being a tv show, I would think. I for one would love to see that happen.

Reaction score
Are you a fan of any of the other puppet shows by lenz? Like the Grogs, Mr Meaty or Swami Jeff?
I don't know how much of their stuff has been promoted or shown over here in the UK, to be honest. I've only encountered Swami Jeff on the internet via YouTube - because it was in someone's playlist who liked (or made) Nanalan'. And I only found out about Nanalan from the Puppetvision blog, then watched some of their Youtube videos of Mr Wooka, then purchased some DVDs from Canada (thankfully I have a multi-region DVD player) and it was only then I discovered they were the same people who did Mr Meaty - which I HAD been religiously following on Nickelodeon over here.

I read that Nanalan was shown on a cable channel here - I think it was Jetix - but it's so hard to keep track of the cable listings as most of the children's cable channels aren't covered in the main TV listings magazines like the Radio Times (I do wish they'd cover Cartoon Network and NickToons at least).

Are they behind 'Ooh Ahh and You' on Playhouse Disney too? It looks and sounds similar but I haven't been able to find any proof on the internet.
They need an official website! Or a knowledgable type to update their Wikipedia pages! :smile:

Love the 5 Nanalan DVDs I've got (although I wish those Mr Wooka moments were on a DVD), quite liked Swami Jeff but I've only seen a few, so it's hard to see where it was going with it. LOVE Mr Meaty (HOW cute was the baby Yeti! OMG! I wanted one - merchandising right there, people!).
My new nephew was named Josh. I am now waiting for him to turn into a meat slinging ladykiller.
PS: Mr Meaty DVDs would also be brilliant! (if you can get rights off TV companies for that sort of thing).
And if they are responsible for Ooh, Ahh and You then praise be! They are adorable and I love to monkersize with them in the morning after Bunnytown!

Blink

Reaction score
I don't know how much of their stuff has been promoted or shown over here in the UK...then I discovered they were the same people who did Mr Meaty - which I HAD been religiously following on Nickelodeon over here.
Yet, another great show.

Are they behind 'Ooh Ahh and You' on Playhouse Disney too? It looks and sounds similar but I haven't been able to find any proof on the internet.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that they are the same

PS: Mr Meaty DVDs would also be brilliant! (if you can get rights off TV companies for that sort of thing).
Agreed. I was looking online the other day hoping to find it on DVD, but alas it is not in a box set yet. One day I hope.