appearances by Angus McGonacle

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to make a list of all appearances by Angus McGonacle.

here are what appearances I do know of:
The Stars Of Star Wars: He is featured throughout the show, as the scheduled guest star who gets canceled. He appears in the cold opening, in kermits first introduction, on-stage when mark hamil gargles grshwin, and in the closing act.
Gene kelley: He appears backstage in Gene kelleys closing number.

Angus McGonacle also appeared in the opening number from The Muppets Go To The Movies.

What else has he appeared in?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ah, Angus McGonagall (did I spell that right?), one of my personal favorite Muppets. I didn't know that he was in the background in the Gene Kelly episode, I'll go watch that later on.

"Ah, the stage is empty, my chance at last! Hit it, boys!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't know of any other Angus McGonagle appearances (I didn't even know of the ones listed beyond the "Star Wars" episode- cool! I'll have to look for them)

but I do know of an awesomely cool reference to Angus McGonagle's appearance on the "Star Wars" episode. If anyone's ever seen the 1994 direct-to-video "Muppet Classic Theatre"- this is one of the best things about that video.
During the Rumpelstiltskin story, when Miss Piggy's dad is listing her skills for Kermit (so he'll pick her to be his queen) - (Note- I think it's Piggy. It may have been someone else's father saying this about his daughter. I don't remember exactly right now.)
Anyway, he mentions that she can gargle Gershwin gorgeously!!! I went crazy laughing at that!!! That was an awesome, unexpected reference. Very cool to look for. :mad: :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Anyway, he mentions that she can gargle Gershwin gorgeously!!! I went crazy laughing at that!!! That was an awesome, unexpected reference. Very cool to look for. :mad: :smile:
It was another father, not Miss Piggys. He said, "My daughter can gargyle gershwin to the tune of beethovens fifth." I didn't realize that this was supposed to be a refference to Angus.

If you watch the video again, you will notice that when Miss Piggys father is talking to the advisor about Miss Piggys talent, he struggles to come up with something. The only talent that he actually said was that she could spin straw into gold.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
It was another father, not Miss Piggys. He said, "My daughter can gargyle gershwin to the tune of beethovens fifth." I didn't realize that this was supposed to be a refference to Angus.

If you watch the video again, you will notice that when Miss Piggys father is talking to the advisor about Miss Piggys talent, he struggles to come up with something. The only talent that he actually said was that she could spin straw into gold.
Okay, well it's been a while since I've seen the video. Anyway, I just remembered the bit about the farmer saying his daughter could gargle Gershwin!!! Maybe it wasn't exactly meant as a reference to Angus, but that's what I took it to be and I just thought it was really funny. :smile: