Appearances by Lenny the Lizard

P

Philip Kippel

I'm still desperate to know which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" Lenny the Lizard appeared in.

The Lenny Lizard "Muppet Show" appearances I know about are as follows:

#3 Joel Grey: he performs in the opening number "Comedy Tonight"

#7 Florence Henderson: he sings "So Happy Together" with Florence

#19 Vincent Price: the frackle that Lenny evolved out of (a tall, skinny purple monster with triangles on his back who looks a bit like a cross between a snake and a dinosaur) appears in the audience during the Talk Spot and sings in the background in Vincent's closing number "You've Got a Friend" (at least I assume that this is how Lenny was in "The Great Santa Claus Switch")

#28 Rich Little: he does the "Inchworm" sketch, where he eats 2 worms and gets eaten by Gorgon Heap in the end

#32 Steve Martin: he auditions as an emcee

#41 Julie Andrews: he makes a cameo appearance in Julie's closing number "Whenever I Feel Afraid"

#65 Spike Milligan: he appears throughout the episode as a Native American Indian

#96 Diana Ross: he appears as a lifeguard in the opening number "I Go To Rio"

Other Henson productions that Lenny appeared in:

"The Great Santa Claus Switch" (debut, he wasn't Lenny here though)
"The Muppet Movie" (among the crowd of muppets in the finale)
"Muppets Tonight: Heather Locklear" (dances with a purple monster/creature in the opening number "Awful Lot of Coffee in Brazil")
"Mopatop's Shop"

I hope that Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole will be able to help me out with all this soon.

P

Philip Kippel

I still need to know of any more Lenny Lizard "Muppet Show" appearances.

I'm getting very desperate here.

Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole, where are you?:frown:

Joggy

Reaction score
I'm no Dave Ebersole, but still...

I think ya got em all nailed down so far!!

P

Philip Kippel

I need to know which other "Muppet Show" episodes Lenny the Lizard appeared in, since I recently agreed to help Phillip Chapman with the upcoming character guide pages.

P

Philip Kippel

I still wish that Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole would answer and help out.:cry:

P

Philip Kippel

Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole, ppppppppppleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase answer my question at the top.:cry:

P

Philip Kippel

I've got an addition to make to the list:

#22 Ethel Merman: the purple frackle that evolved into Lenny appears in the audience during Fozzie's monologue

I also heard that Lenny also appeared in "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
#19 Vincent Price: the frackle that Lenny evolved out of (a tall, skinny purple monster with triangles on his back who looks a bit like a cross between a snake and a dinosaur) appears in the audience during the Talk Spot and sings in the background in Vincent's closing number "You've Got a Friend" (at least I assume that this is how Lenny was in "The Great Santa Claus Switch")
I don't think that was him. I have seen pictures from The Great Santa Clause switch, and it looks like the same head was used but the body was more snake-like. I believe he was still green there.

P

Philip Kippel

minor muppetz said:
I don't think that was him. I have seen pictures from The Great Santa Clause switch, and it looks like the same head was used but the body was more snake-like. I believe he was still green there.
That green frackle the you're probably referring to is the same snake frackle that also made occasional appearances on the show throughout the first two seasons.

Besides, Lenny and the Snake Frackle both appeared on screen together at the same time, particularly in the "Comedy Tonight" and "So Happy Together" numbers.