Appearances by Muppy

P

Philip Kippel

Which specific episodes of "The Muppet Show" did Muppy appear in? Which numbers/sketches/scenes was he in and what did he do?

The Muppy "Muppet Show" appearances I already know about are as follows:

#1 Juliet Prowse: the backstage running plot revolves around him
#5 Rita Moreno: appears in the goodnights
#7 Florence Henderson: attacks Kermit at the end of the panel discussion and appears in the goodnights
#10 Harvey Korman: he and Rowlf try to engage Harvey in a discussion about ecology in a backstage scene
#11 Lena Horne: Lena pets him while singing "I've Got a Name"
#14 Sandy Duncan: bites and licks Sweetums's hand in the park sketch and he's one of the background singers in Sandy's closing number "Try to Remember the Kind of September"
#16 Avery Schrieber: sings in the UK Spot "May You Always"
#21 Twiggy: appears in the bedroom with Gonzo and Twiggy before and after "The King's Breakfast"
#70 Roy Rogers & Dale Evans: sits between Roy & Dale during their closing number and in the goodnights
#73 John Denver: one of the "4 hound dogs" in John's closing number "Grandma's Feather Bed"
#85 Liza Minelli: one of the 4 dogs that sings in the UK Spot "Pass That Peace Pipe"
#119 Linda Ronstadt: one of the "neighbors that surrendered" in "The Cat Came Back"

Any others?

Was he in the goodnights in other episodes?

Thanks again. Bye for now.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
This is probably not the answer you wanted but:

I can't think of any others :smile:

P

Philip Kippel

(sigh) If only Dave "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole was around more often.:frown:

However, here's an updated list of Muppy's "Muppet Show" appearances:

#5 Rita Moreno: appears in the goodnights
#7 Florence Henderson: attacks Kermit at the end of the panel discussion and appears in the goodnights
#10 Harvey Korman: he and Rowlf try to engage Harvey in a discussion about ecology in a backstage scene; he also appears during the chicken procession
#14 Sandy Duncan: bites and licks Sweetums's hand in the park sketch and he's one of the background singers in Sandy's closing number "Try to Remember the Kind of September"
#16 Avery Schrieber: sings in the UK Spot "May You Always"
#21 Twiggy: appears in the bedroom with Gonzo and Twiggy before and after "The King's Breakfast"
#26 Zero Mostel: appears in Zero's first number "What Do the Simple Folk Do?"
#70 Roy Rogers & Dale Evans: sits between Roy & Dale during their closing number and in the goodnights
#73 John Denver: one of the "4 hound dogs" in John's closing number "Grandma's Feather Bed"
#85 Liza Minelli: one of the 4 dogs that sings in the UK Spot "Pass That Peace Pipe"
#119 Linda Ronstadt: one of the "neighbors that surrendered" in "The Cat Came Back"

P

Philip Kippel

Re-updated list:

#5 Rita Moreno: he appears in the goodnights
#7 Florence Henderson: he attacks Kermit at the end of the panel discussion and appears in the goodnights
#10 Harvey Korman: he and Rowlf try to engage Harvey in a discussion about ecology in a backstage scene; he also appears during the chicken procession
#14 Sandy Duncan: he bites and licks Sweetums's hand in the park sketch and he's one of the background singers in Sandy's closing number "Try to Remember the Kind of September"
#16 Avery Schrieber: he sings with Rowlf, Baskerville and Catgut in the UK Spot "May You Always"
#21 Twiggy: he appears in the bedroom with Gonzo and Twiggy before and after "The King's Breakfast"
#26 Zero Mostel: he appears in Zero's first number "What Do the Simple Folk Do?"
#70 Roy Rogers & Dale Evans: he sits between Roy & Dale during their closing number and in the goodnights
#73 John Denver: he's one of the '4 hound dogs' in John's closing number "Grandma's Feather Bed"
#76 Dyan Cannon: he appears in the UK Spot "Old Dog Trey"
#85 Liza Minelli: he's one of the 4 dogs that sings in the UK Spot "Pass That Peace Pipe"
#115 Chris Langham: he appears as an Arab in the UK Spot "Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner"
#119 Linda Ronstadt: he's one of the 'neighbors that surrendered' in "The Cat Came Back"

Any others?

Was he in the goodnights in other episodes?

P

Philip Kippel

I need to know which other "Muppet Show" episodes Muppy appeared in, since I recently agreed to help Phillip Chapman with the upcoming character guide pages.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Just these:

#3 Joel Grey: he plays in the band in Joel's first number, "Wilkommen"

#51 Roy Clark: Roy pets Muppy while singing "Yesterday When I Was Young"

#78 Linda Lavin: he sings in the closing number, "Beyond the Blue Horizon", and appears in the goodnights (with his original eyes)

I think he might be one of the dogs who appears in the Swedish Chef sketch in the Carol Channing episode, and possibly in the Gonzo opening credits bit of the Andy Williams episode, but I'm not certain of that.

It should be noted that in the fourth season the character got new 'Muppety' eyes, at least from time to time.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Philip Kippel
I need to know which other "Muppet Show" episodes Muppy appeared in, since I recently agreed to help Phillip Chapman with the upcoming character guide pages.
Interesting to see how my work (as seen on both Kermitage.com and the Henson archives) inspires people... :wink:

P

Philip Kippel

Muppy also appeared in the goodnights in the John Denver episode and appears backstage in the Linda Ronstadt episode.

Ryan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Wouldn't it be best, then, to look through all of the episodes yourself? I'm only asking because Dave is doing most of the work.