Apple Jacks Query

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, you all know those old-school Apple Jacks commercials - a group of kids are hanging out, eating Apple Jacks, when a grown-up (parent, teacher, mailman, coach, etc) walks by and askes "why do you kids like Apple Jacks? They don't taste like apples!", then the kids get back at them with "well, why do you like...", "why do you always...", "why is it that...", then at the end "to make it simple... we just do!"

Then for a while there there were those Bugs and Daffy-like commercials where that crabby little apple and the stick of cinnamon race each other to a bowl of Apple Jacks to flavor it up, and Cinna Mon always won.

Well, a while back, I saw commercials where BOTH Apple and Cinna Mon got along and they BOTH flavored the cereal, and when I picked up a box today, the box even said "with the taste of apple and cinnamon"... yet when I had a bowl, it tasted exactly the same! So what's up with the whole apple flavor thing?

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I dunno! Probably just marketing trying to convince people it doesn't have THAT much sugar.

Skye

Reaction score
Okay, you all know those old-school Apple Jacks commercials - a group of kids are hanging out, eating Apple Jacks, when a grown-up (parent, teacher, mailman, coach, etc) walks by and askes "why do you kids like Apple Jacks? They don't taste like apples!", then the kids get back at them with "well, why do you like...", "why do you always...", "why is it that...", then at the end "to make it simple... we just do!"
I had forgotten all about those commercials. That's the story of my life... I like so many things because "I just do!" :big_grin:

And as for your question, I have no idea. They want people to think it's fabulously improved or... something brilliant like that, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just want to go on record as saying I always sided with the adults in those commericals. Those kids just annoyed me; they reminded me of the popular kids in school who act all cool but are completely clueless. Lol :stick_out_tongue:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I just want to go on record as saying I always sided with the adults in those commericals. Those kids just annoyed me; they reminded me of the popular kids in school who act all cool but are completely clueless. Lol :stick_out_tongue:
You and me both, Applejacks are part of the reason that I hate cereal commercials. Besides, I think they taste like apples.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I never got the reason why they ask why they liked then if they don't taste like apples. I didn't really like the Little smart mouthed children's reactions? But a better reason why they liked the cereal to me would be because it tasted good! How about that?

But remember the Blue something or the other pieces and remember when they had the contest to vote if you want the cereal to taste like apples or stay the same ad the kids voted for it to taste like apples for a limited of time? It just made that series of commercial look like they weren't really speaking for kids true opinions about the cereal to me.

Xerus

Reaction score
I never got the reason why they ask why they liked then if they don't taste like apples. I didn't really like the Little smart mouthed children's reactions? But a better reason why they liked the cereal to me would be because it tasted good! How about that?

But remember the Blue something or the other pieces and remember when they had the contest to vote if you want the cereal to taste like apples or stay the same ad the kids voted for it to taste like apples for a limited of time? It just made that series of commercial look like they weren't really speaking for kids true opinions about the cereal to me.
I believe they were blue carrots.