Appreciation Threads?

Are all the appreciation threads cluttering the forum?

• Yes, merge them all into one tsingle thread.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, leave them on the current page.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Maybe, just delete the other threads, leave the single thread as is.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Appreciation Threads.

Hey guys... This is your chance to be heard on the matter. We'll let this run for about a week and then proceed in the best intrest of MC and all its members.

Hope this helps, have a good day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Looks for the "They all should just be scrapped" option*

*Does not see it*

*Votes for yes*

SSLFan

Reaction score
They don't really bother me as much.:smirk:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*also votes for yes* WAY too much clutter. The one thread Beau created is plenty.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
While in some ways it's nice to have individual threads I can see the point that they can become cluttersome on the boards as time goes by. Also it could possibly generate into an un-intended spirit of competition that detracts from the family atmosphere of our forum.

I agree with prawncracker. Beau had a good idea to create a single thread for praising each other in moderate balance. As long as it's handled correctly and people don't let it get out of hand focusing upon one person to the exclusion of another.

I voted yes. I would say (choosing my words very carefully) that all current appreciation threads should be deleted and we all start again from scratch with our new appreciation special thread. I understand that may feel like hitting below the belt to some of us (especially those for whom I was the one who started their threads). But I hope in the long run we can all agree that it's better to have the one common thread merged to save space for other cool topics.
So however the mods decide to do it, whether by deleting or somehow merging parts of what already exists into the new thread I leave it up to them.

Luke

Reaction score
I would go with the option to start new with a single thread. At the moment almost everyone has an appreciation thread, and although a nice thought by whoever created it, one person being appreciated over another isn't really in the spirit of the forum and people may get hurt if they don't have one. Hey, wait a minute .... i don't have one! grrrr

It'd be even better if people could just send a PM to someone to tell them they appreciate them, or flowers, or a rubber duck ... but i'd settle for a single thread.

King Jim

Reaction score
Yeah, Maybe we should just have one big appreciation for everyone. But like I said earlier It takes up space on the forum. We have 8,764+ members on the forum. If we make everyone here a thread then imagine all the space it would take up. But I voted "YES" on the poll.

SSLFan

Reaction score
NO! I like these appreciation threads. hehe:grouchy:

But, then again, everyone does have there own freedom of speech and right to vote.:sympathy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Voted yes? Thanks for the chance to be heard, count! Was thinking we could keep it like it is but continue with the appreciation thread. Just a though.:smirk:

christyb

Reaction score
I'm just speaking for the insanely busy. (Make that me) I honestly don't have time to sift through my PM box or this forum looking for a message for me. That's obvious because well I've overlooked many on accident. I'm loving the once stop shop that I can look and respond to. That gives me more time to actually read Muppet related items.