Appreciation Threads?

Are all the appreciation threads cluttering the forum?

• Yes, merge them all into one tsingle thread.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, leave them on the current page.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Maybe, just delete the other threads, leave the single thread as is.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! No fisticufs in my bar/saloon/club. Even if it is for a comical pun. Now if'n you ain't gonna behave, I'll have to ask you to git. Comprende muchachos?
Good. Now sit down and don't cause trouble for any of the other patrons.

*Refills bowl of nuts for the two squirrels on a date before the third lanky squirrel busts in to break them apart, or at least that's what he thought before being convinced his life was worthless.

OK Snowths, what'll ya have? And none of that frilly fruit punch, you know it gives you the case of the Gonzos.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
XD I am laughing through this little convo.
Well in other news, the most obvious one yet, the cluttering votes are winning. XD

WHHOOHOO! I'M A GENIUS! X3

*Hyper*

christyb

Reaction score
*slips punch into Snowth's drink then sneaks out of the thread*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Dumps punch into the sink. You've got enough craziness in that thread of yern to be posting such here girly.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Don't merge all the old ones, because when you do that, it organises the posts chronologically, and alot of them were made at the same time, so it will mix them up.

Just don't make any more new ones and stick to the cover-all Appreciation Thread.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think if we merge all the old ones, first off it will be confusing on which thread and person you are talking about and have a random post right in the middle talking about someone else, second of all, an apprietion thread is basically about one person and the thread is dedicated to the PERSON, not the PEOPLE. But i cant reallly complain because my apprietion thread is completely DEAD. But i say nay to merging the threads.

Luke

Reaction score
It's kinda not fair if existing threads can stay because then some people will have them but then others will be prevented from having them. I'd delete them all and just have the one thread.

However, what about moving them all into a "Member Appreciation" sub forum? That could work to unclutter everything apart from the new posts list, although really there's not much need for these threads.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals... Just amended the poll, there's a new third option if you think that's the best, then vote for it. If not, vote for whichever of the other two you want.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
No offense Luke, but I don't see a sub-forum working; everyone would just make more there, and it would be showcasing the ones that already exist which would make people jealous.

If it comes down to it, just delete them. You can't merge them because it would be unreadable, and keeping them seems like a hassle in general.

The poll needs to be reworked. :wink: I don't know if we can change it but I don't think there are enough options. It seems to me that there are 4 clear ways of fixing this situation:

a) merge all the threads into one and use the new Appreciation Thread for everyone
b) lock/archive all the old ones and use the new Appreciation Thread for everyone
c) delete all the old ones and use the new Appreciation Thread for everyone
d) leave everything as is

I am leaning towards b) but if alot of people think it's unfair to keep them, then c) makes the most sense.