1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

April Fools: Happytime Murders 2 rumoured to be in development

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by BlakeConor14, Apr 1, 2019.

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Apparently STX and HA! are in the development stages of a potential sequel to the 2018 flop The Happytime Murders.

No other news is out at this moment in time but both McCarthy and Bill Barreta are expected to return to their roles

I'm really skeptical about this. As much as I enjoyed the Happytime Murders, a sequel isn't necessary at all. And considering the film didn't make back it's budget. Making a sequel could be a big financial risk for the Jim Henson Company.

April Fools! (Thank god)

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

As much as I knew this was a joke, I'd say that if STX/Henson were willing and able to make a sequel in spite of the disastrous box office performance (and risk losing money on a sequel to a movie that lost money), then that would be awesome (as long as the companies could survive if it flops again).

I'd expect Bill Barreta to be more likely to return than Melissa McCarthy.

BlakeConor14 likes this.