April Fools: I dunno, something about the Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously... SERIOUSLY... does it matter what I write on here?

I could say "New muppet Movie News! Jim Carrey to play the lead villain role" and it wouldn't be true, and no one would buy it. Or I could say "New Action figure line to rival Palisades' series that costs less than 3 bucks a figure." and it too would be false and no one would be fooled. And then the ever popular "They got the rights issues out of the way and they're finally going to release Muppet babies in High quality season sets with great special features..." and whoever believes it will be pretty annoyed at me.

So I'm going to say this...

Something cool is gonna happen that you won't expect and didn't even have any slight buzz before today. It's so amazing and wonderful. Actually, I made that up, and whatever it is doesn't exist and I tricked a portion of you! Yay

April whatever... :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My point basically is that there are 2 types of people. Ones that don't trust a SINGLE source from March 31st- April 2nd, and those who don't realize what the date is and believe everything until they realize they were tricked. Long long ago, I was the latter, now I'm the former.

The only way to REALLY surprise me is to give me honest, true news on April 1st.

beaker

Reaction score
Seriously... SERIOUSLY... does it matter what I write on here?

I could say "New muppet Movie News! Jim Carrey to play the lead villain role" and it wouldn't be true, and no one would buy it. Or I could say "New Action figure line to rival Palisades' series that costs less than 3 bucks a figure." and it too would be false and no one would be fooled. And then the ever popular "They got the rights issues out of the way and they're finally going to release Muppet babies in High quality season sets with great special features..." and whoever believes it will be pretty annoyed at me.

So I'm going to say this...

Something cool is gonna happen that you won't expect and didn't even have any slight buzz before today. It's so amazing and wonderful. Actually, I made that up, and whatever it is doesn't exist and I tricked a portion of you! Yay

April whatever... :concern:
2002 called...it wants its joke back:stick_out_tongue:

Seriously though bro, doesnt it seem like EVERY week we get some massive new Muppet news? I tuned into AICN the other week and they made a big headline about the upcoming Muppet film. Nothing surprises me these days and I mean that in a good way^__^

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously though bro, doesnt it seem like EVERY week we get some massive new Muppet news? I tuned into AICN the other week and they made a big headline about the upcoming Muppet film. Nothing surprises me these days and I mean that in a good way^__^

I'd actually like some of the news to sound different from the rest we've had. Seems like every update basically says the same thing that was told to us back in 08.

Plus, between you and me, people who post April Fools jokes aren't really that creative lately.

zns

Reaction score
Haha, thats hilarious people actually fell for that. I dont take anything with more than an ocean of sand when looking at news around april 1st.
I actually fell for it myself. I lamost sent a letter to Henson about it too. Talk about a punch. :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I think it makes sense and all. Hollywood remaking everything under the sun with the wrong cast for it... but still... we've had "updates" solidly on the movie at least once a month or so.....considering that it's usually stuff we already knew and coming from old sources. And even then, official stuff doesn't sound official until it's in a press release. They could say AHhnold is attached to the picture any time of the year and I wouldn't really believe it until I hear something REALLY official. :big_grin: