1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

April Fools: New Easter Special on PBS tonight

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Daffyfan2003, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Strange that we didn't get any advanced notice on this, but I found this at Sesame Workshop's website:

Airing tonight of PBS, A Sesame Street Easter.

In this Easter special a question previously inquired to Big Bird by Oscar the Grouch is addressed. Big Bird, Elmo and Abby set out to find out exactly how the Easter Bunny hides all those eggs in one night. They eventually meet up with him and decide to help him out.
    Maria, Luis, Susan, Gordon and Bob return and explain their disappearance. They arrive in time to help Nina prepare Easter dinner, but plans must be put on hold when they realize that Big Bird and his friends are missing.
    Zach Efron, Whoopi Goldberg, Seth Green and Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest are also featured in this prime time special. Check local listings.

2. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Is this an April Fools or?

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

It's definitely an April Fools.

If it was real, we would have heard about it a few months ago.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

It's really unfortunate these holidays fell on the same day.

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why?

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I don't know, it's like Easter's supposed to be a mini-Christmas and you're gonna have parents pranking their kids now with fake candy and stuff... Easter shouldn't have to share the spotlight with another holiday; April Fool's can wait another day.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I do wish that Easter was later in April though.

8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yeah, haha. April Fool's.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the two holidays competing with each other.

10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I kind of thought about that and probably should have come up with something more realistic, but it gets harder to come up with something new each year. Plus a lot of times when I think of something somebody already beats me to the next punch. Oh, well. I'll get you guys next year. Just wait. :)

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Well, it's like someone at my church said- Jesus surprised all of his followers by being raised from the dead. It was like a prank - I guess? ;)

Blue Frackle and Pig's Laundry like this.