April Fools: Old School Vol. 3 DVD, CD and more coming!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So I recently had an internship interview at Warner Home Video and the guy doing the interview was pretty much the guy in charge of handling the Sesame Street titles at Warner Home Video. After we discussed what massive Muppet/Sesame fans we are, I asked him if there was anything he could disclose about upcoming Sesame titles. He had a lot of great news!

After years of anticipation, Don't Eat the Pictures is finally coming to DVD. Trust me, Warner Home Video knows there has been a lot of anticipation for this one to be released, so this is going to be one of the very best Sesame DVD's out there. There is going to be a behind-the-scenes featurette as well as other bonus goodies. The only thing is that there will be an episode of the show on the disc, judging from what I was told, it sounds like it'll be Episode 4176.

For summer 2012, WHV will put out a 3-disc set called "My Sesame Street Home Video: The Complete Collection" that will contain all the classic My Sesame Street Home Video VHS tapes from Learning about Letters to The Best of Elmo. But if that set happens and/or has special features depends on how the title below sells...

And the biggest news of all: Old School Vol. 3 is coming! It's due out this November and will follow the same format as the previous sets. The season premieres from seasons 11-15 will be on there plus more "classic cuts". WHV is very excited to get this out, there were some legal complications that kept it from coming for a few years, but those have been resolved. And as a bonus feature, it will include the 1998 video The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street.

Also, an Old School Vol. 3 CD set will also come out concurrently with the DVD set. The albums tentatively going to be included are Sesame Street 2, C is for Cookie and The Sesame Street Monsters! Very exciting stuff.

Also on the audio front, Merry Christmas from Sesame Street and Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along may make it to CD format this year. It's either that or a compilation CD mixing songs from all the SST Christmas albums together on one CD. SW most likely wants to do the former, considering the CD's are already being prepped. Those MOD copies on Amazon are test runs.

As I left, I asked the guy if he knew any other Sesame news. All he said to me was "APRIL FOOLS!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw this coming (I've done a number of april fools jokes in the past regarding Sesame Street DVDs).

An april fools joke that I considered was to announce a special release, "The Sesame Workshop Collection", with the claim that it would be a two-disc set, with disc 1 containing one epsiode each of Sesame Street (episode #1000), The Electric Company, 321 Contact, and Square One TV (episode #6), plus 13 bonus segments from each of those shows. For Sesame Street I'd have mentioned it containing Rubber Duckie, The People in Your Neighborhood - Fireman and Postman, Kermit News: Pinnocchio, Mystery Guest, Mosnterpiece Theater: Upstairs, Downstairs, and Teeny Little Super Guy: Danger, among others, and for Square One TV an entire Mathnet storyline (the segments that continue after the segment in episode 6), some mathman segments, and I wanted to do some research on what celebrities appeared, but didn't (Weird AL Yankovic is the only celebrity I know off-hand who was on the show). I don't really know what segments to have mentioned for The Electric Company or 321 Contact.

And for disc 2 episodes of Ghostwriter, Dragon Tales, Between the Lions, The New Electric Company, and a recent Sesame Street episode, plus bonus segments from The New Electric Company and Elmo's World: Transportation.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe you should have also "announced" Hasbro doing a sub line of Sesame Street figures called "Sesame Street Old School". Hasbro is going to release almost all the current main characters soon (only Rosita and Baby Bear will be absent). An old school collection would be cool as well... The PVCs of main characters could somehow reference classic speciffic moments, and it could also include characters like Herry Monster, Biff, Sully, Mumford, Forgetful Jones, and Roosevelt Franklin.