1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Apr 1, 2011.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Sesame Workshop has finally issued a press release regarding the upcoming season 42 of Sesame Street, which sounds like a shock.

APRIL FOOLS!
  2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Amazing how you can get everyone going like that. :)
  3. minor muppetz

I'm honestly surprised that we haven't gotten any official news about season 42 yet. These past few years it seems all the big news had been announced before april 1.
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That would be a great idea if it really happened. I always thought Murray would be better if he just appeared in segments rather than hosting the whole show, plus the idea of having :) on the show more often would be a great idea as well. Maybe you should e-mail your ideas to Sesame Workshop.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There is ONE piece of news... no fools here...

a child puppeteer will guest puppeteer next season.

Wiki has a page about it, but I can't find it... here's the bare
    information
  6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Weird Al is one guy who SHOULD be a guest star on SS, simply because his nature fits in perfectly with the show!

Tommy Wiseau would be interesting, though. "You are TEARING ME APART, Elmo!" :D
  7. minor muppetz

I didn't realise Muppet Wiki actually had a page with information on the next season. Though it is a bit small.

Just now realising that I should have made the claim that Forgetful Jones and Placido Flamingo would return, performed by David Rudman.

It wasn't until yesterday that I decided to say that "The Word of the Day" would be dropped (which I think would be more fullfilling to me... I don't really care for many of the celebrity "Word of the Day" segments). But before then, I was going to say that Kermit would appear in one of them, to teach the word "Green".
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, they JUSt got in a little information. SW doesn't post news until a couple months before the season starts. It's early yet.

I DO NOT like the "filming season 42 and 43 back to back" part, though... sounds ominous.
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I would be ecstatic if this happened- particulary Kermit appearances on Sesame Street along with The Muppet Show crossover- to me, it makes great marketing sense. It would get kids watching Sesame Street introduced to The Muppets (who they're probably gonna be clamoring to see once they start seeing trailers for the movie anyway) and it would certainly get adult fans excited too. I'd love to see it happen.:)
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

LOL, love it.
  11. minor muppetz

Now I wish Henson would build a Tommy Wiseau puppet just to do a joke with that line (have Tommy get literally torn apart).