April Fools: Season 42 to be Sesame Street's final season

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Bad news, guys. The next season is to be the last one. I heard word from a friend who works in the media. Here is the article she sent me...

SEASON 42 TO BE 'SESAME STREET'S' FINAL SEASON

After 42 years on the air, the most famous children's show will be closing the curtain. Each episode will have a character moving away. For example, Maria and Luis will be closing down the Fix-It Shop and relocating to a different area since nobody goes there anymore anyway. Chris and Leela decide to go down to Las Vegas and elope, so Chris will quit his job at Hooper's Store. Since Alan doesn't have any more employees, he decides to close the store and move away as well. Big Bird and Snuffy prepare for a year long quest on Mt. Snuffleupagus. Bert and Ernie go on an African safari in search of rare pigeons. Abby goes to Mumford's school of magic in Sacremento, CA to get better at her magical skills. In general, each episode will focus on a character leaving the street. Many surprises are in store this season such as the Kate Perry/Elmo segment that has been banned last year. It has been brought back by popular demand. Other celebrity guests include William Daniels, Metallica and ALF. It's possible that some members of the old school SS cast will return such as Ruth Buzzi, Lillias White and Carlo Alban. In addition, we will see many flashbacks including clips of Buffy Saint Marie, Big Bird at Camp Echo Rock and many scenes with Mr. Hooper. So will SS be gone for good? No. Certain PBS affiliates will air repeats of the show starting with season 15 and going forward. The earlier episodes will be remastered and will have certain changes. For example, Steve Whitmire will loop in the voice of Jim Henson's Ernie. However, as for new episodes, Sesame Workshop President Gary Nell says "The show has been on for too long. It isn't what it used to be." Director Janet Betancort agrees, "seems that kids are more interested in Barney and Curious George these days. We want to appeal to the chrildren of this generation."

Here's another link we probably should check out:

http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php#

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first saw this I thought it'd kill my plan for an april fools day thread, until I realised that my idea was different, so I posted a seperate thread.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I'll take a look. BTW, to the mods, it might be a better idea to wait until the second of April to post 'April Fools' in the thread topic, because if it says 'April Fools' right on the thread it sort of defeats the purpose of fooling people. Lol. Just thought I'd make that suggestion.