April Fools: Sesame Street Facebook offering fans to vote for the 50th anniversary

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Sesame Workshop's official Facebook page is giving fans a chance to vote for a number of things for the shows upcoming 50th anniversary, much like they did for both the 40th anniversary DVD set and book as well as for the Best of Friends DVD. Sesame Workshop is letting fans vote for a number of nominees in addition to allowing write-in votes for everything, and like with the voting opportunity for Best of Friends, we can vote once a day.

First up is a 50th anniversary set, with a selection of categories. There's a selection of Bert and Ernie segments to vote for, with the options being "Rosie the Bath Tub", "Bert and Ernie Blow a Fuse", "Cookies in Bed", Ernie's Fish Call", "But I Like You", "Ernie Catches All the Fish", and "There's a Dinosaur in My Room". There's a selection of Count von Count clips to vote for, the options being "The Song of the Count", "Cookie Monster and The Count Co-Operate", "Seven Flowers", "One Potato", "Numberella", "The Batty Bat", and "Little Miss Count-Along". A selection of street stories are up for nomination, including "Sesame Street Goes Hawaiin", "Susan and Gordon Adopt Miles", "The Cast Believes in Snuffy" (judging by the image, this must be the 16th season premier), "The Park Opens", "Slimey Lands on the Moon", "Elmo Visits the Fire House", "Wing in a Sling", and "Big Bird's Pen Pal Visit". There's a voice for Monsterpiece Theater segments, with the nominated sketches being "Upstairs, Downstairs", "Chariots of Fur", "Taming of the Shoe", "The King and I", "Much Ado About Nothing", "Cyranose De Bergaric", and "Little House on Prairie". A selection of nominated numbers and counting sketches includes "Henson #4", "Salty and Pierre #2", "Mad Painter #8", "Harvey Kneeslapper's One", "The Amazing Grover", "The Count's Elevator", and "#9 Special of the Day". A selection of nominated alphabet and letter segments includes "ABCs of the Swamp", "Can't Say the Alphabet Enough", "Grover and Oscar's Alphabet", "Letter of the Day Pageant", "Don Music's Alphabet Song", "Letter B", and "Herbert Birdsfoot Talks About M". There's a section to vote for a song, with the choices being "C is for Cookie", "Elmo's Ducks", "My Name is Zoe", "Alone in the Swamp with You", "This is How I Roll", "Because We're Friends", and "Me Am What Me Am". And there's a general "Muppets All-Stars" choice, where we can vote for "The Kings Nose: Starring The Cast", "Two-Headed Monster: HONK", "Grover in Spider-Monster", "Mysterious Theater Starring Sherlock Hemlock" (the image pictured is from "Case of the Missing Toast"), "Cookie and Abby's Checkers Game", "The Amazing Mumford's Surprise Magic", and "Heavy and Light with Elmo and Telly".

There's also a voting selection for home videos to be released during the anniversary season. We're given a once-a-day choice to vote for releases focusing on Friendship, Music, The Alphabet, and Numbers, and we're allowed to nominate up to four segments for each release. There's an additional section for a new character spotlight collection, with nominations for Bert and Ernie, Abby Cadabby, The Count, Grover, Telly Monster, and Big Bird, with fans allowed to write in their nominations for clips.

There's a section for a 50th anniversary album. There's a few nominations to vote for. We can vote for a Big Bird song - "ABC-DEF-GHI", "Me", "Wheels on My Feet", or "The Sound of the Letter A". We can vote for a Bert and Ernie song - "La, La, La", "Imagination", "Things That I Remember", or "When I Was Little". We can vote for a Cookie Monster song - "Cookie Disco", "They Can't Take That Away from Me", "If Moon Was Cookie", or "Share It Maybe". We can vote for a Grover song - "Over, Under, Around, and Through", "I Am Special", "Monster in the Mirror", or "I Am Blue". We can vote for a Count song - "The Song of the Count", "The Batty Bat", "That's What Counts", or "Little Miss Count-Along". We can vote for an Oscar song - "Trash Outta Heaven", "Doin' the Trash", "The No-No-No", or "Oscar's B Sandwich". And we can vote for an Elmo song - "Be Doodle De Dum", "The Sound That's in the Air", "Elmo's Riding", or "Happy Tapping".

And finally, fans can vote for certain old school characters to make special appearances during the 50th season. Characters nominated are Biff and Sully, Forgetful Jones, Dr. Nobel Price, Sherlock Hemlock, Simon Soundman, Don Music, and Placedo Flamingo, in addition to - again - write-in votes.

APRIL FOOLS!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's a shame that's not real. I'd definitely want to vote for the season 16 premiere. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought about putting in info about there being a vote on toys but forgot about it. I think I would have said that fans could vote for either stuffed animals, action figures, or PVCs, and probably would have said that fans could vote for nominated characters and nominate some characters themselves.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I keep thinking up more things that I wish I had thought to say in the post.

Like, I wish I'd said that Sesame Workshop would allow fans to pick episodes or full street stories to post on YouTube during the celebration, considering the recent trend of them posting full hour episodes. I'm sure a lot of us would nominate rare '70s episodes. Having recently seen program guides for seasons 11 and 12, there sure are a lot of episodes from those two seasons that I really want to see based on the plots (of course I wasn't surprised that season 12 would have a lot that I want to see).

Or even to allow fans to vote for classic episodes to air on HBO's streaming service.

Another thing I should have "announced" would be a contest where fans get selected to watch as many episodes as possible in one sitting (could anybody get through the entire first season without falling asleep? Or even as far as the first episode that the wiki doesn't have full info on, which would be episode 12 so not that long a wait?), with the winner getting to obtain digital copies of every single episode up to season 50 and allowed to pick clips to include in an anniversary special or DVD release.

sesamegirl

Reaction score
Well, Sesame Workshop's official Facebook page is giving fans a chance to vote for a number of things for the shows upcoming 50th anniversary, much like they did for both the 40th anniversary DVD set and book as well as for the Best of Friends DVD. Sesame Workshop is letting fans vote for a number of nominees in addition to allowing write-in votes for everything, and like with the voting opportunity for Best of Friends, we can vote once a day.

First up is a 50th anniversary set, with a selection of categories. There's a selection of Bert and Ernie segments to vote for, with the options being "Rosie the Bath Tub", "Bert and Ernie Blow a Fuse", "Cookies in Bed", Ernie's Fish Call", "But I Like You", "Ernie Catches All the Fish", and "There's a Dinosaur in My Room". There's a selection of Count von Count clips to vote for, the options being "The Song of the Count", "Cookie Monster and The Count Co-Operate", "Seven Flowers", "One Potato", "Numberella", "The Batty Bat", and "Little Miss Count-Along". A selection of street stories are up for nomination, including "Sesame Street Goes Hawaiin", "Susan and Gordon Adopt Miles", "The Cast Believes in Snuffy" (judging by the image, this must be the 16th season premier), "The Park Opens", "Slimey Lands on the Moon", "Elmo Visits the Fire House", "Wing in a Sling", and "Big Bird's Pen Pal Visit". There's a voice for Monsterpiece Theater segments, with the nominated sketches being "Upstairs, Downstairs", "Chariots of Fur", "Taming of the Shoe", "The King and I", "Much Ado About Nothing", "Cyranose De Bergaric", and "Little House on Prairie". A selection of nominated numbers and counting sketches includes "Henson #4", "Salty and Pierre #2", "Mad Painter #8", "Harvey Kneeslapper's One", "The Amazing Grover", "The Count's Elevator", and "#9 Special of the Day". A selection of nominated alphabet and letter segments includes "ABCs of the Swamp", "Can't Say the Alphabet Enough", "Grover and Oscar's Alphabet", "Letter of the Day Pageant", "Don Music's Alphabet Song", "Letter B", and "Herbert Birdsfoot Talks About M". There's a section to vote for a song, with the choices being "C is for Cookie", "Elmo's Ducks", "My Name is Zoe", "Alone in the Swamp with You", "This is How I Roll", "Because We're Friends", and "Me Am What Me Am". And there's a general "Muppets All-Stars" choice, where we can vote for "The Kings Nose: Starring The Cast", "Two-Headed Monster: HONK", "Grover in Spider-Monster", "Mysterious Theater Starring Sherlock Hemlock" (the image pictured is from "Case of the Missing Toast"), "Cookie and Abby's Checkers Game", "The Amazing Mumford's Surprise Magic", and "Heavy and Light with Elmo and Telly".

There's also a voting selection for home videos to be released during the anniversary season. We're given a once-a-day choice to vote for releases focusing on Friendship, Music, The Alphabet, and Numbers, and we're allowed to nominate up to four segments for each release. There's an additional section for a new character spotlight collection, with nominations for Bert and Ernie, Abby Cadabby, The Count, Grover, Telly Monster, and Big Bird, with fans allowed to write in their nominations for clips.

There's a section for a 50th anniversary album. There's a few nominations to vote for. We can vote for a Big Bird song - "ABC-DEF-GHI", "Me", "Wheels on My Feet", or "The Sound of the Letter A". We can vote for a Bert and Ernie song - "La, La, La", "Imagination", "Things That I Remember", or "When I Was Little". We can vote for a Cookie Monster song - "Cookie Disco", "They Can't Take That Away from Me", "If Moon Was Cookie", or "Share It Maybe". We can vote for a Grover song - "Over, Under, Around, and Through", "I Am Special", "Monster in the Mirror", or "I Am Blue". We can vote for a Count song - "The Song of the Count", "The Batty Bat", "That's What Counts", or "Little Miss Count-Along". We can vote for an Oscar song - "Trash Outta Heaven", "Doin' the Trash", "The No-No-No", or "Oscar's B Sandwich". And we can vote for an Elmo song - "Be Doodle De Dum", "The Sound That's in the Air", "Elmo's Riding", or "Happy Tapping".

And finally, fans can vote for certain old school characters to make special appearances during the 50th season. Characters nominated are Biff and Sully, Forgetful Jones, Dr. Nobel Price, Sherlock Hemlock, Simon Soundman, Don Music, and Placedo Flamingo, in addition to - again - write-in votes.

APRIL FOOLS!
HAHAHAHA! good one! LOL!