1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

April Fools: "The Muppets" ABC Orders 5 Extra Episodes

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppet Master, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

If I hadn't just gotten pranked before coming onto this forum, I would have fallen for this! :) Nice try!

Muppet Master and Pig's Laundry like this.
  3. SnakeLipsXD

SnakeLipsXD Active Member

Nice one! XD ... And I genuinely believed it...

Muppet Master and LaRanaRene like this.
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Oh, man. I was just about to pull a prank like that and you beat me to the punch. I guess I ought to start my April Fools pranks a day or two early. Oh, well. Just for fun, here's what I would have said:

Great news. According to an email I got from ABC, the Muppets Season 2 will be renewed for the fall. So fans will find out what happened between Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand. I won't give away any spoilers here, but here is a listing of a few episodes.

EPISODE 2.1: TORN BETWEEN TWO PIGGIES (FEELING LIKE A FROG): Kermit and Miss Piggy return from Thailand and contemplate on reconciling the relationship. However, Denise comes back and she also has interests in hooking back up with Kermit.
    EPISODE 2.5: MUPPETS MEET MUPPETS The Sesame Street gang makes an appearance as guests on Up Late with Miss Piggy. Highlights include Big Bird singing ABC-DEF-GHI, Oscar the Grouch heckling with Statler and Waldorf and Abby Cadaby doing magic tricks. Also Bert and Ernie do the "Banana in my ear" sketch.
    EPISODE 2:7: WELCOME CLIFFORD When Miss Piggy falls ill, Clifford takes her place and plays some Muppets Tonight sketches (Ex: Bay of Pigs Watch, NYPD Green, etc.)
    EPISODE 2:12: THE "WEIRD" EPISODE Johnny Fiama and Sal return to do a song, but are upstaged by Weird Al.
    EPISODE 2:20: UP LATE'S MOST WANTED Constantine returns still carrying a torch for Miss Piggy. Furthermore, he tries to take over as the host of Up Late.
    EPISODE 23: SAM AND JANICE EVENING Sam the Eagle and Janice go on their first date much to Floyd's dismay.

5. SnakeLipsXD

Oh my god, these look genuinely believable! XD You need to send these episode idea to ABC lol.

6. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I have an idea if we get a second season

Follow that pig: season 2 episode 1
    Pepe the king prawn texts everyone whilst on their break about Kermit and piggy in Thailand so the gang head there meanwhile Fozzie has trouble with room service and gonzo and Rizzo find out where Walters been all this time

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  8. BlakeConor14

And for episode two
    Follow that pig part 2
    Piggy is unsure what to with Kermit, Fozzie goes to war with a hotel employee and Walter and Johnny fiama both ask Kermit for a job (but only one gets it)

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  9. SnakeLipsXD

Nice. :) A second season really needs to happen... and it'll be nice to see some more interaction with some of the more minor characters (particularly the band, etc). Plus, it was so nice to see Lips actually talking now - and developing a personality; they should really give him more of a character and have him interact more with the others.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  10. BlakeConor14

I agree I was really pleased when lips talked

11. Daffyfan2003

That's a good idea. I still need to contact them about the show's potential renewal anyway, so I can mention my ideas while I'm at it.

Wow! The Muppets are going to be on Jeopardy! too? That's interesting. Would they get to play or would they just read clues or how would that work?

I also liked Connor's idea. Again, we deserve to know what happened between :) and :mad: rather than leaving us hanging like they did with ALF. Even if it were just those last two episodes, it would be interesting to see that.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I was thinking of doing a season 2 renewal joke, but I felt that would have been a bit harsh considering it's unlikely will get one, I would be really sad after seeing that and seeing it was an April Fools joke.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  13. BlakeConor14

Thank you for saying u like my ideas

14. Daffyfan2003

What are friends for?

Come on, let's have a positive attitude on this. Do you really think they're going to leave Kermit and Miss Piggy in Thailand and leave fans in the dark about what happened? We just need to keep on ABC about this.

15. BlakeConor14

That's really nice