1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Archaia announce new plans for Henson properties

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Rachael, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Rachael

Rachael Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/01/21/jim-henson-comic-books/4721131/

In a nutshell, they're reissuing The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth novelisations by A.C.H.Smith with some new material included.

Finally some news! Archaia seem to be heading in a drastically different direction from what they previously suggested, particularly with Labyrinth - I can only presume the proposed prequel graphic novel is off the cards for the moment.

What do you make of this development?

GonzoLeaper likes this.
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Great news!
    But where is DARK CRYSTAL CREATION MYTHS Vol. 3 ?

3. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

I pre-ordered their releases for Dark Crystal and the Tale of Sand box-set. I'm a little bummed, though, because I ordered Labyrinth from the bookstore where I work and already our warehouses are out of it. It has to be backordered and I'm getting impatient.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

There's also the rerelease of The StoryTeller and their upcoming release of another previously never-unearthed project, The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow later this year.

lazesummestone likes this.
  5. I'm looking forward to the storyteller stuff for sure. the artwork they've shown looks phenomenal.
    I have a feeling more will be announced at SDCC- which usually happens if something is going to be announced that is.

6. The Count

Spooking of which... Toughpigs posted an article announcing that Archaia will release a new four-issue StoryTeller arc titled "Witches" where all four issues will feature stories dealing with witches or enchantments or the like.

7. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Just got my copies of Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. They are gorgeous. I'm going to devour these things. After I read them.

8. Pssst.... Something new will be announced tomorrow (on the 8th of July).

jvcarroll likes this.
  9. The Count

For those interested and able to attend...

The Henson Company and Archaia will hold a panel presentation at this year's San Diego Comic Con International on Friday, July 25, 2014, at 6:00 PM in Room 32AB.
    They'll discuss their past projects and hopefully some upcoming plans like The StoryTeller: Witches four-issue arc and The Musical Monsters of Turkey Hollow.

10. Thanks for posting this! I'm also really interested in finding out more about the Storyteller and Turkey Hollow comics at SDCC. But also I'll be on this panel for my new Fraggle Rock comic!

11. Rachael

Rachael Member

Great! I really hope they talk about their plans for Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. They really seem to have stalled when it comes to those projects, and I'm hoping they announce or at least tease new projects/developments.

12. UPDATE!
    As a followup, here's a writeup (although severely summarized) of the Jim Henson SDCC panel I mentioned above!

(Sorry for the crosspost from this thread where I mentioned the panel)

13. Zaylie

Zaylie New Member

I just recently got my hard back Archaia copies of Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal, and I absolutely love them to bits!! the artwork and concept drawings are spectacular!! I am happily awaiting to get my paws on a copy of The Storyteller!!