Archived Threads

BEAR

Reaction score
Its really interesting to come across old threads that started back in 2002 or 2003. And seeing so many discussions by people that haven't been here in so long. Way before most of us ever "set foot" in MC. Before the Chapmans had their baby and Cindy posted more. I came across a lot of old posts by here. Its just weird. I guess it is sorta like watching Sesame Street episodes from the early 70s way before some of us were even in existance. Just a bit surreal. :zany:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I see someone made a new post today in a thread I made over a year ago (back in the days when I was also known as Courage-Bagge here at MC).

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's pretty fun when I think of a classic SS skit that I don't remember being discussed in any recent threads and then search for it and find it in a thread last posted somewhere in 2002-2004. I found an old Ernie and Bert skit that way by searching for the word bubblegum. Ernie had said in the skit that he was afraid he might run into a bear on Sesame Street so he better bring some bubblegum. Bert said there are no Bears on Sesame Street but even if there were, what good would the bubblegum do. Ernie says, "Well you give the gum to the bear and then he's so busy chewing that he can't bite you." :big_grin:

I also have found some very interesting threads to read by searching for certain words or topics to see if they had been discussed before I was a member here. For instance, I really loved the movie, "The Passion of the Christ" and enjoyed finding and reading a lengthy thread on it that lasted pretty much through all of 2004.

So many things I love about this site, and the search engine and availability of old threads is yet another of those things.

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
It's like we're the new cast of a sitcom. :crazy:
Yeah!! that describes my feelings quite well too. Its like I feel like the Alan to someone else's Mr. Hooper, ya know?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<shiver> ooh, that sounds weird when you put it that way!
I think those threads are the main reason I still feel like a newbie around here sometimes. An old member will come around, and I'll have no idea who they are, or I'll just randomly look through old threads and think "oh wow, look at all this stuff that happened back when I was still obsessed with James Bond."

...that sentence is so random...

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Ah, randomness. Dude, I live for random spontaneous moments of combustion. Ha-ha. ( I've got the dry heaves. ick. every time I laugh, I feel like puking)
Anyway back on topic, Its pretty funny that its like living in a sitcom. If there was a show called Muppet Central, who would make us? I guess disney would, yeah. What would I look like, a Gonzonian weirdo creature thing, or would I look like my cartoon character ? Or would it be like we looked like our avs? D'snowth would be the pair of Snowths, The Count would be the count, etc. and I would be the spazzos ( E&B :stick_out_tongue: :frown: *smiles, as not to consider Kermit a spazzo*). Ok, thats enough from me. I gotta go puke!! ACK!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Just a bit surreal. :zany:
Funny, I was thinking that. I mean, I've been here a year now so I "know my way around" as it were. But it's weird to think that older members would think of me as a newbie.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Yeah, I see someone made a new post today in a thread I made over a year ago (back in the days when I was also known as Courage-Bagge here at MC).

OHHH!!! I remember you now! I didnt know that! :excited: