Are Blu-ray/DVD combo packs worth buying if you don't own a Blu-ray player?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So, I don't own a Blu-ray player and doubt I will for a while. I feel a bit conflicted when it comes to Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, perhaps someone who owns one of these sets can help me out. Are Blu-ray/DVD combos worth the money I don't own a Blu-ray player or should I just pass and get the DVD edition like I have for a handful of movies?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
If you know somebody who has one, or your computer can play them, I say go for it. If not, just get the DVD if you don't plan on getting a player anytime soon.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well for me I do plan on upgrading to a Blu-Ray (sooner or later) so I figure why not get the combo pack for now.

I would say it also depends on the price. When I was looking to add Disney's Princess and the Frog to my collection. At Target it was only 7 bucks more to have not only the DVD, but the Blu-Ray and digital copy as well (the DVD only was 19.99 while this three disc set was 26.99). So I figured that seem like a good deal for 7 bucks more, so I went for it and that was the second Blu-Ray I have in my collection (the first being Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs).

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
depends on how soon you plan to get the Blue Ray player. If you don't see yourself getting it anytime soon then no save your money and just get the DVD odds are if and when you want to upgrade the cost will have gone down.

I don't have Blue Ray and doubt I will for some time. I don't even own an HD TV yet so there's really no point in getting Blue Ray right now.

Rose

Reaction score
I personally don't own a Blue Rey player nore do I plan on owning on anytime soon. I just don't see the differnce really so why pay for soemthing I'll probably never use. All wanted really was the movie I'm buying nothing fancy. I mean, if VHS was still sround I would buy those instead. lol

So, I don't own a Blu-ray player and doubt I will for a while. I feel a bit conflicted when it comes to Blu-ray/DVD combo packs, perhaps someone who owns one of these sets can help me out. Are Blu-ray/DVD combos worth the money I don't own a Blu-ray player or should I just pass and get the DVD edition like I have for a handful of movies?