1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Are Gonzo and Grover related?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Amanda Taylor, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor Active Member

Sometimes I wonder if Gonzo and Grover are cousins since they seem to have alot in common.
    Has anyone else ever thought about that?

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've also noticed similarities when I was younger, like their sur colors and the fact that both names begin with a G.

3. Amanda Taylor

Maybe they were twice removed? ROFL

4. catherine

catherine Active Member

maybe they were distant relatives.

5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I used to think that Gonzo and Grover were like, long lost brothers!

6. catherine

catherine Active Member

yeah maybe they were.

7. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

I used to think the Grover puppet was just a naked Gonzo with new head and arms. But no. Gonzo and Grover are NOT related.

8. Amanda Taylor

It's still wild that they have alot in common though. I guess Grover is the "Gonzo" of Sesame Street. ROFL

9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking the exact same thing. They're both blue furry Muppets. They both have adjectives describing their names (Super Grover, Great Gonzo). They have similar raspy voices. If Gonzo had ever been established as a 'monster' rather than a 'whatever,' it would be a very distinct possibility.

10. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I honestly wouldn't be suprised. If you don't believe me, just compare these pictures!

:super::concern:

11. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I have wondered that for a long time. Both Gonzo and Grover have furry blue hands that need to be moved by wires.

12. Amanda Taylor

ROFL! Good one! XD

13. Brandanman

Brandanman New Member

I wonder that too, but I think Ernie and Lew Zealand would be more likely kin, cousins perhaps, or brothers.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I really want to know if Grover and Super Grover are related. I mean, they look and sound like they could be twins! It's too bad we never see them together. Something tells me they'd be great friends!

DrGroverFan likes this.
  15. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

How could Grover and Super Grover become friends if the latter is just Grover in a costume?

I've never really thought about Grover and Gonzo being related, though. Although, they do both share that kind of cloudcuckoolander-ish personality.

16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I was jesting. :super:

17. DrGroverFan

DrGroverFan Member

I remember a few years ago when people were thinking Janet and Michael Jackson could be the same person. But, that turned out not to be true. When it comes to Grover and Super Grover, I can really see it in the eyes. They are defiantly related.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  18. Brandanman

Brandanman New Member

Did Grover and Gonzo appear together? I know, they both appear in a Muppet Family Christmas and the Muppet Movie, but where they are seen together and possibly talk to each other.

19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, that would make Gonzo a monster rather than an alien as established in MFS. You never know.

Not that I know of, but that would be a good idea. But now thanks to the separate ownership of the Sesame Workshop Muppets and Disney's Muppets, that probably can't happen again for a long, long time. *sigh*

Maybe it's time for a fan fic about this.

20. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I think it's possible. Like someone else in this thread said, Ernie and Lew Zealand being related also sounds like it's not too hard to believe. Gonzo and Grover are both blue and adventurous, and Ernie and Lew are both orange and funny. Perhaps the writers had those ideas in mind.