Are Instant Cameras Obsolete?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was going through a box of mine, and I happened to rediscover my old Polaroid instant camera in it, and I figured this would be a good way to take progress photos of my puppets as they're completed - it would be quick and easy, I wouldn't have to wait for the film to develop, let alone have to worry about affording to pay for the prints, meanwhile, my only expenses would be film cartridges.

I remember the most recent I used it/got new film was at least 2006/2007 or so... So anyway, I've been looking around, but I can't seem to find film cartridges for instant cameras anywhere (I used to get them in grocery stores)... so is it safe to assume that instant cameras are obsolete now?

I know, I know, I've GOT to get a digital camera...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nothing fun is obsolete and Polaroid Cameras are lots of fun and kitschy too. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, Polaroid cameras are lots of fun, aren't they, lol?

Kiki

Reaction score
I guess they are. =/ Which is a shame... they're good fun. :smile: But I use a number of different cameras. I'm a big fan of the classic SLRs, and they're still used all the time (but the digital SLRs are great too when you just wanna take tonnes of crisp-looking shots... I'm a big fan of those). But polaroid ones I guess are kinda obsolete now. Shame, because they have a really good look about them (if you get me).

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have a friend who is a professional photographer and she has two really old style Polaroid cameras that she still uses and loves. She does really neat stuff with the pictures she takes. So, it's a dying art form but people are still using it in some places!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes, Polaroid cameras are lots of fun, aren't they, lol?
Hey, the Muppets said it themselves when they did commercials for them circa 1981: "Poloroid means fun!" If you can't trust the Muppets, well then who can you trust?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey, the Muppets said it themselves when they did commercials for them circa 1981: "Poloroid means fun!" If you can't trust the Muppets, well then who can you trust?
Muppet Wiki just posted these commercials on YouTube! I never saw them before and they're so awesome, you have to check them out!