Are kermit and miss piggy married?

CousinLuke

Reaction score
If you start discounting the show, then the only real muppet moments are on the muppets from space DVD and Kermits swamp years. That is a scary thought. My question is, why is scooter in the Muppet movie. He did not introduce himself to Kermit until a few episodes into the Muppet show.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by CousinLuke
My question is, why is scooter in the Muppet movie. He did not introduce himself to Kermit until a few episodes into the Muppet show.
Well THERE'S something I never thought about!!

I guess that he might have hooked up with them prior to the show, but had to finish high school before he could actually join the show, and just REintroduced himself to Kermit on TMS??

*Searching hard to work this into some kind of continuity--yipes!*

Natalie

Reaction score
I say they're NOT married, and I think we've discussed this issue before.

About the Scooter thing, well, the Muppet Movie was just a pretend way that the muppets met, they didn't really meet that way. So it wouldn't matter much about Scooter. Well...I don't know.

And, the whole thing about what's "real life" and what isn't for the muppets is all just very confusing. You guys can ponder it all you want, but I'm not sure you'll ever find some of the answers.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ngirl23
I say they're NOT married, and I think we've discussed this issue before.

About the Scooter thing, well, the Muppet Movie was just a pretend way that the muppets met, they didn't really meet that way. So it wouldn't matter much about Scooter. Well...I don't know.

And, the whole thing about what's "real life" and what isn't for the muppets is all just very confusing. You guys can ponder it all you want, but I'm not sure you'll ever find some of the answers.
Oh totally, it is all up for debate. Me personally, I think the Muppets are all actors, like anyone else trying to make it in hollywood. I mean to say the movies and tv show is Muppet real life, then bobo is a bear named Rentro working for some shadowy secret covert government agency...Kermit and Fozzie are brothers...Kermit and Piggy are married...and Gonzo is an alien...so pretty much, the only guaranteed true canon is tv appearences(talk shows, news clips, etc)

CousinLuke

Reaction score
I realize that TMM is a movie, but it is also the basis for many facts that we consider true today, such as Kermit growing up in the swamp. Now even if the songs and dialouge are Movie, the basic story (Kermit goes to hollywood, meets fozzie, finds Doc hopper, Moves right along to meet Electric Mayhem and Scooter...) is most likely true. That is where the problems come. Back to the topic, Probably Miss Piggy hired a "real" minister to do the service so she could call it real. Kermit on the other hand, was acting like he was acting in a brodway show. When he found out of Miss Piggy's conspirecy, he called off the relationship. So Kermit and Piggy are not married any more than Piggy was arrested for jewl theft or Gonzo is a famous british author.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are kermit and miss piggy married?

Originally posted by beaker
Well, the outtakes are. anythign that is scripted definately is within 'the show' aspect(GMC, TMS, TMTM, etc)
But the shows have to be real-life. The only things scripted are the intros and the sketches, and that's just like anyone else "performing". Everything backstage is natural and real.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Maybe Kermit answers questions about marital status the way he does because he happened to look at marriage laws and realized that even though Piggy hired a real minister, she neglected to get a real license!:big_grin:

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
I don't need to add to the Piggy and Kermit Marrige, but started dating arounf the time of MFC.