Are reruns of Mister Rogers Neighborhood going to be discontinued?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very true, very true, kind of like how SpongeBob SquarePants became such a huge fad when it really didn't deserve to.
I used to hate him too, but he does have appeal. Where is the appeal of people talking really slow, like kids are morons on educational programming? Blues Clues, Dora, Wonderpets? What the shell is that? Sesame Street has depth, even with Elmo and time to play. Mr. Rogers also had depth. Also Reading rainbow....Dora just has an older cousin that talks EXACTLY like her. Blue was transformed into puppets for no good reason.
And seriously...WHAT the shell are Backyardigans? They look like yet another Muppet Babies knockoff. And Wonderpets? GOD! Now tell me, our kids aren't getting dumber by the minute thanks to this "educational" drivel!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know about dumber, but I do think kids suffer when all they're exposed to is "happy kiddie time" with no depth. And SS did give into that a little bit, though it is a little understandable. It's a TV show and they need to keep up with the competition to stay on the air.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah it's complicated. Sometimes it's good to bring in new blood. Family Guy took over where The Simpsons left off, it was needed.

On the other hand, sometimes we get so caught up in doing something new, we reject the old as useless. If this keeps up, we won't have anything left that's worth preserving.

I agree, why are people so worried about things looking dated? I think a lot of it is overreaction.
Actually, while I agree that Family Guy has taken where the Simpsons left off, the Simpsons is still a quality show to watch, and I think that sometimes Family Guy relies too much on the cut-aways. They aren't bad, but sometimes they can be TOO much.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
My favorite ones are the ones where they wait 10 minutes to tell you the answer on kids shows, like kids aren't gonna figure it out in that time. "Hey, do you know what this is?............................................................................................That's right, it's a knife, let's see what happens when Mr. Knife meets Mr. light socket" and that was the series finale of Blues Clues.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You mean Blue's Clues FINALLY came to an end? Wow, I didn't think it was EVER going to die! I swear, everyone though it was going to come to an end after what's his name left the show originally to go to college or something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah The Simpsons are still good, it's just that everything starts to get old.

Actually, the main reason I like Family Guy are the cut aways, lol. They're so surprising clever. The only thing I dislike about FG is how cynical it can be. It takes it too far sometimes.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now my local PBS station used to show Sesame Street from 7:00 in the morning then at 6:00 in the evening. Now that's all over. Now it's more like this. 6:00 in the moring and 10 (Encore) in the morning. Now at least some of your "Mr. Rogers" shows come on at a decinet hour. I'm just glad i'm recording them before they ever get took off the air. Our Mr. Rogers airs at 5 in the morning. I just hope they never get took off the air.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Um well I liked Spongebob, lol. But that's ok. Like I said, a lot of it is based on opinion. That's why this will always be a never ending debate. Lol :smile:
Major SpongeBob fan right here as well!:wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know, for the longest time I avoided the show, thinking it was just another stupid popular Nick cartoon. But I finally sat down and watched an episode one day (when I had nothing else to do) and I just couldn't help but laugh. The humor is so witty but also has this sweetness and innocence about it that is just so endearing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny, I did the same thing, except my brain was melting and I was crying from boredom.