1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Are the Muppets as popular as they were 30 to 40 years ago?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Jonathan Teka, May 20, 2017.

1. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Some Sesame Street skits didn't really have much educational value. Here, for example, is one of my personal favorites, a cartoon about the letter V. Two guys talking to eachother on top of a giant V.

What do we learn from this skit?
    • "If you hold your fingers like this, you can make a V with your hand!"
    • "Not too many words begin with this letter."
    • "Don't do that, it could damage your hearing!"

Besides that it's a lot of gloriously cheap jokes. "Can you think of 10 words that begin with the letter V?" He can, but you never hear them. A bit nonsensical, but that's what makes it all the better.

ryan19, Pig's Laundry and muppetgem like this.
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Guys don't put any more SS stuff. This is only about Disney's Muppets. Not Sesame Street. Yeah don't worry I'm not mad or angry. I'm fine with who ever wants to like what of what Jim brought to the small screen or the big one. Understand?