Are the Muppets as popular as they were 30 to 40 years ago?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know what Sesame Street is, and I don't wanna talk about it because I don't like it and it's too childish.
Sorry I wasn't trying to upset you or anything but I'm 36 years old and yeah I still watch Sesame Street. I was just putting in my two cents about The Muppets and just wanted to mention that the only reason I'm not really that much into the Muppets these days is from what I said. Sorry for that and yeah I two would like to hear why you don't like Sesame Street? But Sorry I talked about a show that Jim Henson worked on.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't trying to upset you or anything but I'm 36 years old and yeah I still watch Sesame Street. I was just putting in my two cents about The Muppets and just wanted to mention that the only reason I'm not really that much into the Muppets these days is from what I said. Sorry for that and yeah I two would like to hear why you don't like Sesame Street? But Sorry I talked about a show that Jim Henson worked on.
I don't like Sesame Street because I'm too old for it and it's also my opinion. Understand?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't like Sesame Street because I'm too old for it and it's also my opinion. Understand?
Thank you that's all I wanted to know. Yes I understand that. Hope we can still be Muppet Central friends?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
TBH mate its your opinion on sesame street but @Erine81981 has an opinion too on sesame street that is different
I'm sure many have said things about the muppets that wasn't nice. I can't recall the amount of times I have been called gay for watching the muppets or that the muppets are gay so I'm gay with
them apparently
I know what Sesame Street is, and I don't wanna talk about it because I don't like it and it's too childish.

Erine81981

Reaction score
TBH mate its your opinion on sesame street but @Erine81981 has an opinion too on sesame street that is different
I'm sure many have said things about the muppets that wasn't nice. I can't recall the amount of times I have been called gay for watching the muppets or that the muppets are gay so I'm gay with
them apparently
Thank you for that but I understand where he's coming from. A lot of fans don't care to watch it cause it is for children but Parents can watch it too and get some of the jokes that the youngins' wouldn't but I'm fine with it. Please don't make him mad. You won't want to see him when he's angry. :smile:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This has gotten blasphemous, even for Muppet Central standards. Every person must go through the "I'm too old for Sesame Street" phase in order to come out the other end.

Old school Sesame Street appealed to both children and adults. Some of the old skits are as hysterical as golden-age Simpson humor. Based on recent YouTube videos I have seen, current SS has nixed the adult aspect of it.

If anything, it may have been more funny than The Muppet Show, since they had to be clever in the ways they incorporated the humor, since every aspect of it had to have some redeemable educational value... except for Cracks. :stick_out_tongue:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This has gotten blasphemous, even for Muppet Central standards. Every person must go through the "I'm too old for Sesame Street" phase in order to come out the other end.

Old school Sesame Street appealed to both children and adults. Some of the old skits are as hysterical as golden-age Simpson humor. Based on recent YouTube videos I have seen, current SS has nixed the adult aspect of it.

If anything, it may have been more funny than The Muppet Show, since they had to be clever in the ways they incorporated the humor, since every aspect of it had to have some redeemable educational value... except for Cracks. :stick_out_tongue:

It’s just an opinion.