Are the values of Muppet Sideshow Busts going up?

spcglider

Reaction score
Okay, so I was curious and went to ebay today to look at what the Muppet Busts were going for now.

Holy cow!

I know... the pricing on ebay is crazy inflated, but some of them are listed for $200! Are they THAT desirable or rare?

I mean, I bought mine juts because I like Muppets. And there's no team of wild horses that could drag my ROWLF bust out of my hands. But what's up with the market today? Anybody got a clue?

-Gordon

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After seeing your post, I searched for current Muppet Bust auctions...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Muppet+Bust&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_okw=Muppet+Bust&_oexkw=&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=Zip+code&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Looks like a case of supply and demand. Most people are buying these to keep them (like you) and few are selling. Some of the busts were also produced in smaller quantities so that is also a factor.

The Muppet Busts are wonderful. I still wish Floyd would have been made instead of a more minor character like say Crazy Harry.

spcglider

Reaction score
I have a Gonzo... looks like it was a good buy since I can't find another one for sale anywhere!

-G:concern:

momble

Reaction score
Great news in a way for me :big_grin: - managed to collect them all so value wise im minted :smile: but i will never sell them as they are just a part of my collection. Did sell a couple of duplicates a while back so someone got a bargain looking at those prices

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Been watching these to, did you know if you got to advanced search, type in Muppet busts, and tick on the completed items box you can see items that have ended in the last 30 days.

$165 for Dr Teeth
$131 for Fozzie

There doinmg really well, but some are still selling for less than the original price!

I got the whole set to and wouldnt part with them, there great quality and always a talking point when people see them.

Chris

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Sadly I wanted a complete collection (and still do of course) but as of now I only have six, :sympathy:. And considering that I'm broke college student, buying more of these doesn't look to be in the cards anytime soon.

But yeah, they're going up in value and I would probably say the Palisades action figures are going up in value as well. But these busts probably more so, they were produced at a much limited number and people don't want to give them up. Plus a few other possible factors like over the years it's safe to say more than a few of these have probably broke and maybe discarded.

So far I've spent the most money on my Rowlf bust and it's worth every penny. He's right now the only one I've spent $100 bucks on, but again totally worth it. If I get good paying job or win the lotto, you can bet I would pay top dollar to get more of these busts.