Are there any others with disabilities here?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have mild to med. cerebral palsy and have had it since I was born. It is the tight kind that makes your legs draw up and I walk slow with a limp and wear leg braces on and off...It mainly effects my legs and to a lesser level my arms. I also have a learning disablity and some dislexia (meaning my spelling and math are awful :stick_out_tongue: )
I was wondering if there are any other members with a disabilities? :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I have a learning disability. I have Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism. I don't let that stop me, though.

BJ

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Me, I'm missing a Chromosome #7, and I don't let that stop me from doing anything good!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also have a learning disablity and some dislexia (meaning my spelling and math are awful :stick_out_tongue: )
I'm a little embarrassed... I knew Dyslexia was a learning disability, but I thought it mostly effects reading and writing... I guess I better take down that one Steve D'Monster video I have on YouTube, even though it IS kind of funny what with him TRYING to do an educational bit on it while the director makes him read cue-cards he can't even read...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, it does indeed affect reading, but my guess is it would also be kind of hard to do math, written math anyway, if you can't read the numbers correctly.
As for me, some will know that I'm visually impaired. I have light perception and contrast, which basically means I can see light and shadows and basic shapes, but not much else. When I'm watching TV for example, what I see is the light of the screen, with shadowed shapes moving across it.

Hmmm, there was another thread like this a long time ago. I didn't post in it then, but I forget why. Maybe if I bumped it up, Ed or Kevin could merdge them?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm a little embarrassed... I knew Dyslexia was a learning disability, but I thought it mostly effects reading and writing... I guess I better take down that one Steve D'Monster video I have on YouTube, even though it IS kind of funny what with him TRYING to do an educational bit on it while the director makes him read cue-cards he can't even read...
There are differnet levels of it :smile:. My ablity to read and understand what I read has been college level since I was in 7th grade. Meaning I am very good at reading itself and putting words I know (aka my vocab.) down on paper together but my mind scabbles up the letters so it is hard to understand me. It had been my biggest trouble over the years, so much so that even if I know a word that fits better I often use a little word I know how to spell so no one makes fun of me :frown:. It drvies me crazy knowing tons of words but being unable to write them, even if I look them up, because I can't even remember in what order the first two letters go :frown:.
Many of my teachers have said if not for my spelling I would be published already....

Xerus

Reaction score
I have autism. But it's a mild autism and I was able to graduate from high school after all.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That makes two of us! But I guess that's a good thing for you; makes it easier.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I have autism. But it's a mild autism and I was able to graduate from high school after all.
Good for you :big_grin:! It is a lot of work, but I was able to pass high school to, which is more than I can say for some of my friends with not troubles what so ever..And now I have over 75 units done :excited: . You've just gotta keep going the best you can :smile: