Are there any others with disabilities here?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe you guys have forms of autisms... I'm, like, SOOOOO embarrassed, because I'm starting to believe my idea of autism isn't what autism is at all.:embarrassed:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hmmm, there was another thread like this a long time ago. I didn't post in it then, but I forget why. Maybe if I bumped it up, Ed or Kevin could merdge them?
Yeah, just PM Ed with the links to both this thread and the other one, and I'm sure he will merge them in no time.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe you guys have forms of autisms... I'm, like, SOOOOO embarrassed, because I'm starting to believe my idea of autism isn't what autism is at all.:embarrassed:
Eh don't be embarrassed. The thing is, a lot of people only know about very severe forms of Autism. There are other forms where people attend school and socialize, and even enjoy acting on stage. Of course, no matter what form of Autism someone has, they can live a good life, if sometimes difficult. Then again, we all have difficulties to deal with in life. :smile:

For my part, I do think I have certain OCD tendancies, which can be very difficult to live with. But I'm learning to deal with it. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Like I said, there are different levels :smile:. Like my CP..I've only had to use leg braces and can talk just fine. The worst cases are in wheelchairs, have little to no muscle control, and ether have slow or no speech control at all. Plus there are two types, the type that makes your muscles draw up and the type where you muscles are loose and have minds of their own. Plus the two can be mixed...
I am very very lucky I am as good as I am at things:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it is better to just keep this new topic, because the other one is three years old and in another section :stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
For my part, I do think I have certain OCD tendancies, which can be very difficult to live with. But I'm learning to deal with it. :smile:
Yeah, it can be dealt with. I had/have OCD tendancies brought on by anxiety. Basically that means that I get nervous pretty easily, and when I do, I cope with it though oc habits. Certain social situations used to be very hard to deal with (mainly crowds) but I have been working on it for a few years and I am much better than I used to be, although it was pretty mild to begin with. I did have the whole hand-washing thing though, and I wouldn't touch raw meat of any kind, I was afraid to! Sometimes if I'm particularly tired or doing something unusually stressful, I will feel that there are things that I have to do, but in my daily life I do not find that it interferes anymore. It was really bad when I was in high school but I have grown out of alot of it, with time and practice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And all this time, I thought "autism" was just a scientific way saying someone was mental challenged (like Radio, you know)?

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: